Night before last the damn thing just quit without warning. No rattle, no heat, no bogging down or even a slow start. It isn't that old, and has always performed perfectly. I was turning a bowl, shut it down to take a progress check, and when I switched it back on -- nothing.

This a Jet 1442VSK (14" diameter, 42" width, 1 1/2 horsepower variable speed) and I checked everything I could in the shop. Yes I have power, no none of the wires came loose between the wall and the motor itself, and both of the starter capacitors seem to check out. The only thing I can think is something inside came loose or broke. I will take it to the local electric motor supplier/repair shop next week, but I'm expecting them to tell me it will cost a ton. While I wait for them to diagnose the problem I'd like to know what a replacement Jet unit will cost to help with the negotiation. Problem is, I can't for the life of me find a 1442 motor anywhere in the internet.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find one? Any ideas what went wrong with my old one? What would you guys do?

I should add, I'm going crazy being unable to throw a bowl this weekend! Help!