Thread: 3hp motor specs

3hp motor specs

Hi just looking for a 3hp motor/blower for a DC thien top hat project. i fount this reliant 830 model and here are the specs on the motor.

Rating : Cont
    HP : 3
    Volts : 115/230
    Amps : 34/17
    RPM: 3450
    Cycle : 60
    2 pole
    Made: 1992

I am not sure of the impeller size.

Does this seem like a true 3hp?
    I thought it was a little odd to see that you could run this motor on 115V tht is why i am a little skeptical but i'm no motor expert.

asking price is 150

thanks

It draws 34 amps on 120v (aka 115v, 110v)....17 amps @ 240v, which would need something like a 50 amp circuit to run on 120v... looks like a real 3hp motor to me. I don't know if the RPM rating is sufficient for DC though...
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I sure wouldn't pay anywhere close to that for a 20 year old chinese motor. They didn't exactly have a stellar reputation for quality then. I'd bet that the bearings are dried out by now, too. Look here, this one is 3hp (15 amps at 240 volts) even though it says 5. http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...tname=electric

I would negotiate down to whatever you think the impeller is worth plus a few bucks. The motor will work for a while but DC puts a lot of strain on a motor and that isn't like a good Baldor or even a Leeson. If you replace it look at a farm duty motor. Not the best but better than the standard off the shelf for less. Dave