Thread: Ever have one of those days ?

Red face Ever have one of those days ?

There are certain days when you just know that you should crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head and just say the heck with it because you just KNOW it's going to be "one of those days". Well I'm afraid today was one of those days but I just couldn't do it. I had a big job I was due to start today so I had to risk it....

The alarm went off at 7:00 this morning and I got up and went into the routine. Go out into the family room, turn on the news, put on the coffee, and then let the dog out. The last two of those sometimes alternate position depending on the dog. Sometimes he lays there a bit and needs some coaxing to get up and go out. Who can blame him, he's fourteen years old and not as spry as he used to be. Well it turns out that today I should have modified the routine. The dog stood up and was looking like he really had to go out so I went over and gave him a hand getting up the step from the family room. He navigated into the laundry room and toward the back door. (He's blind too by the way) I opened the door and reached down and found his cable and then grabbed him by the collar and was in the process of trying to thaw out the clasp which had frozen up when all of a sudden, my right foot started getting very WARM !! Yep, you guessed it. The dog was peeing on my foot !

Well here's to hoping that the rest of you had a better day than the way mine started out.

John
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

John,

Hope that your day got better after that! A friend of mine came into work Monday saying it was going to be one of those weeks! The application we support has gone down 5 times and the company layed off 651 people on Tuesday. I wasn't one of them, so it has been a GREAT week, started out bad, but got better

Jeff,

yeah that's about the worst it got. Unless you count the fact that I completely forgot that my son (8) had a half day today. I was in a "dead zone" I guess because the school couldn't reach me on my cell. Finally, about 1:00 I get a call from my step father who's almost at the school to pick up my son. He'd been sitting there for an hour while the school tried to reach someone. The bus driver noticed my truck and work trailer weren't there when she tried to drop him off and had him try the door. Well he was locked out so she took him back to the school until someone could pick him up. OOPS !

Quote Originally Posted by John Pollman
    Jeff,

yeah that's about the worst it got. Unless you count the fact that I completely forgot that my son (8) had a half day today. The bus driver noticed my truck and work trailer weren't there when she tried to drop him off and had him try the door. Well he was locked out so she took him back to the school until someone could pick him up. OOPS !
    John, WOW!! That is one great bus driver... really shows she cares about the kids. I would feel safe leaving my kids with her, at least it turned out all right

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by John Pollman
    ... Yep, you guessed it. The dog was peeing on my foot !
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    There must be something in the Michigan air this morning. No accidents with the dog, but when one of the cats used the litterbox, her back end was hanging out of the box. Came out of the shower to find a souvenier on the floor. Easier to clean up than your problem but, Yep - should have stayed in bed.
    Use the fence Luke