Thread: My dragon cable writeup us finshed.

My dragon cable writeup us finshed.

I posted some information about the E-Chain I desinged as a DIY project. I got a lot of requests for how I did it so I wrote it up step-by-step.

You can download it here
    http://www.kronosrobotics.com/KRMx01...goncable.shtml

You can also download the Gcode for the project as well.

Here is a little video I made showing the dragon cable in action. This is actualy the third gen E-Chain I have developed, and holds up very well.

Feel free to post any questions about the dragon cable you may have. It should work for any CNC build. You can make the links out of any 1/8 material but I like hardboard cause its cheap and can be painted.

Well done Michael. So you have to buy the CD to get the files if you don't use the g-code version? Any chance of making the corel file, or dxf file available without having to buy the CD?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Like is says in the post. The instructions and G-code are free to download. The dragon cable was devleoped for use with the KRMx01 CNC in mind. I just thought others may be able to use what I have done to help with their own ideas.
    Last edited by Michael Simpson Virgina; 09-14-2011 at 3:50 PM.

I did read the post, but I also remember a discussion some time ago where you asked if you should supply g-code or vector files and everyone, including you, thought g-code was the wrong format to offer something up in, as everyone's machines were different. I don't run off of g-code, so the g-code is useless to me, and probably a lot of other people. I'd make these on my laser, not my router, so vector graphics would be what's needed.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Igus Chain is pretty affordable and they have some super strong stuff, didn't they have something for your needs?
    Grothouse Lumber Company
    Andi Stratus Pro, ILS12.150, Solidworks 2012, AutoCad 2012, MasterCam X6, Coreldraw X6

Actually the discussion was regarding my clock book. In any case I am not ready to release the drawing files to public domain. PM me and we can see if I can get you a file format you can work with.

Just search for "gcode to dxf", "ncplot", or "g code backplot" and see if you can create something that will work for you with his gcode until he is ready to PD them. They will not be exact to his design but you may want to change them anyway to fit your machine and layout. Using ncplot I made one of the first file in about 3 seconds.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.