Thread: Pattern & Texture fills in Coreldraw X5

Pattern & Texture fills in Coreldraw X5

I am using Coreldraw X5 for printing and sublimation. If I use Pattern or Texture fills for a background, is there any way to make them less intense so the text can more easily be read? I am not sure of the correct terminology, whether it is "fade", "intensity" "transparency" etc. I would just like the fill to be fainter. Thanks in advance for any help
    Newing Hall 300, 250 & Newing Hall Apex IUniversal Laser M-300 45wUniversal Laser VL200 30wRicoh GX e3300n SublimationCorelDRAW X5 & X6Duct Tape, Chewing Gum & Rubber Bands...I don't need no stinkin manuals

Never used X5 but I use the transparency tool all the time to make sort of a ghost image as a backround but I must say I have tried using that on a texture or fountain fill but it should work. I will play with that when I have a few minutes

That did it Bill. I'm new to X5 (held on to my beloved familiar old version as long as possible) and haven't quite gotten the hang of all the new options. It's a little overwhelming. Much thanks for the answer.
    Newing Hall 300, 250 & Newing Hall Apex IUniversal Laser M-300 45wUniversal Laser VL200 30wRicoh GX e3300n SublimationCorelDRAW X5 & X6Duct Tape, Chewing Gum & Rubber Bands...I don't need no stinkin manuals

Texture fills are variable within the control window. You can make them as light or dark or color them as you wish.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike.