Thread: Another source of toys

Blog Entries

Another source of toys

http://traditionalwoodworker.com/ is another source of entertainment for you. On page 49, there is a new circular ship's plane (compass plane). You don't see them much anymore.

There are also two different miter squares. We had a string about miter squares a while back. They have chisels, draw knives, adzes, inshaves, chisels, axes, adz's , yankee screw driver, cat's paws, tenon cutters, timber tongs, . . . . and lots more.

I'm not selling, just thought you might enjoy browsing through tool catalogs. You never know what you see that you just have to have.

I have ordered from them before as well as one of my daughters has.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 03-22-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    On page 49, there is a new circular ship's plane (compass plane). You don't see them much anymore.
    That plane would have looked cool if that horrible front knob was made with either brass or wood.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Kunz planes haven't had the best reputation in the past; don't know if that's still true.

Still true!!!

Blog Entries
    I missed that the plane was a Kunz, but the real reason I made the post was there are two different miter squares in the catalog that were mentioned in a recent string on this forum.

There are also timber framing chisels and slicks, axes and such that you don't see frequently. I have purchased from them and the tools were all good quality.

I do enjoy browsing through tool catalogs.

Blog Entries
    On page 49, there is a new circular ship's plane (compass plane). You don't see them much anymore.
    If you know where to look you will see them all the time. Looks like many have sold on ebay for less than $100. Some ask ridiculous prices on BIN listings.

Both of mine were less than that. Here is one of them:

Circular Plane.jpg

It gets regular use on curved surfaces.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Kunz planes are no worse than he Stanley's if you can find old ones. And they come with better cutters than the Stanley's.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Rust never sleeps
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77333663@N07/sets

I wonder about a German tool company that makes tools in Germany not India making junk...for over 100 years. usually junk puts you out of business way before 100 years. i'm stumped but then I don't have any myself.