Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setting up a Clearvue

Classic, Jeff, just classic. Hey, isn't karma supposed to be on my side for the Stronghold chuck? If you missed that reference, you've gotta go to a thread I started in the Turner's forum...ordered one thing, got something different...what came was worth a whole lot more, and I sent it back.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I had an Asian sourced cyclone sit around for about three years, finally put everything together and turned it on. Ten minutes later I had decided it was a piece of junk and rang CV to order a decent one. While talking to James who is one of three brothers who bought the company he talked me into being the distributor in Australia. We never know where life leads us!
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Classic, Jeff, just classic. Hey, isn't karma supposed to be on my side for the Stronghold chuck? If you missed that reference, you've gotta go to a thread I started in the Turner's forum...ordered one thing, got something different...what came was worth a whole lot more, and I sent it back.
    Must have missed that one, I stay clear of the turners forum as the vortex is strong in that area. You did the right thing by sending it back. Now lets get back to poking fun at people, maybe someone will send me a new bandsaw instead of the blade I ordered.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

4. Sorry to hijack but I have a 3hp Grizzly pushing into a tin cyclone http://www.cycloneseparator.com/

It keeps blowing the bags apart. Are there some tougher bags people use for the positive pressure setup? I would prefer to avoid the bin; taking a bag off to haul outside and empty seems so much easier. I put it on the cyclone with a hose clamp. Maybe a thicker mil spec plastic? I have ten feet of high flow flex running right to the CNC table, so lots of flow, exhausting through 20' of 7" insulated HVAC flex, which apparently is the problem. Maybe go to 8" exhaust to reduce the pressure in the bag? Thanks.

PS the ClearVue for $400 or so is not a bad deal at all; I was just on the cheap and cheerful program and I exhaust through the roof so I don't care if it gets the 5 micron dust or the 50 micron dust as long as it is invisible. Which it is.

Speaking of which, anyone know how to seal an 8" steel exhaust pipe to a built-up roof? The vents are all pretty high resistance. I plan to just put a rain cap on it.
    Last edited by Karl Wittnebel; 11-08-2011 at 1:25 PM. Reason: just editing to get the thread subscribed to my email

Ahhhh, yes. If it isn't in clear view (sorry for the pun), that would make a difference...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Paul,

I was going to use the same penn state drum. How has it worked for you. Did you make a top or use the plastic one it had?

Thx

Gary

Gary, you may get better response by starting a new thread, rather than posting to an old one. Good luck!

Gary

The Penn State is fine with the plastic top and the steel band closure holds well. No leaks. I use 6" PVC, so I cut a hole on the plastic lid and installed the pipe on a backer board with screws and caulk in between. I had a height problem in my basement and this was the perfect solution