Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some finished pics of my attached garage workshop, built from the ground-up

You guys missed the most important feature in the new shop: the two circular flowerbeds for $25 to keep the wife happy while Richard pours $50,000 into the woodworking structure and equipment! Now that's what I call a successful effort at 'psychological warfare' with the opposite sex.

Kind of reminds me of my bass fishing equipment and mini-bass pro shop that I have scattered out upon my 24' 3" basement workbench.

Seriously, Richard, very nice shop; congratulations!

Glenn

Sweet job on your man cave Richard...
    Thanks for the look see and good luck in the contest.

Am I correct in saying that your shop is 17' x 20' with the 17' side being the side with all the clamps on the door?

Blog Entries
    Get outta here!!! Wow.

I love the bow trusses. You do realize that an 8" slab might be a bit much, particularly since I assume you filled with #6 rebar?

And a Jeep guy too. I'm a recently retired civil just finishing a 5.3 chevy into my CJ-7. Just used the truss and a come-a-long to hoist the engines. Garage is still standing.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 10-22-2011 at 1:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Get outta here!!! Wow.

I love the bow trusses. You do realize that an 8" slab might be a bit much, particularly since I assume you filled with #6 rebar?

And a Jeep guy too. I'm a recently retired civil just finishing a 5.3 chevy into my CJ-7. Just used the truss and a come-a-long to hoist the engines. Garage is still standing.
    Of course 8" was a bit much.
    But it's the minimum I use for bridge deck slabs that see industrial port trucks, and I also have an irrational fear of autogenous cracking of concrete. Too many failed bridge decks with allegedly High Performance Concrete. ( I hate that stuff)

And I love new LS motors. That damnable distributor is gone and you no longer need to "massage' the firewall with a 12 lb sledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bogle View Post
    Am I correct in saying that your shop is 17' x 20' with the 17' side being the side with all the clamps on the door?
    this is correct. the 2- side with the door has the miter saw station against it.

Nice shop. The structural work is like art.

Enjoy,
    Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

Congrats on winning the Famliy Handyman contest. Just saw it in my latest issue.

Dan

Is there some reason that I can't see the pictures, while everyone else can? I realize this is an older post. I do not have this problem with any other post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wunder View Post
    Is there some reason that I can't see the pictures, while everyone else can? I realize this is an older post. I do not have this problem with any other post

Thanks
    Paul, the pictures are hosted on another site and linked here. It could be you have some software on your computer blocking the links. Here at work, IT blocks pictures from several sites.

Trevor......thanks. I will snoop around my PC.

Gorgeous shop! Paul I couldn't see them yesterday but now I can, strange!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Van, The New Years gremlins returned the photos to me this evening. Yes, strange.

P.S. A magnificent shop.

Beautiful Workshop!

John
    Woodworking:
    "It's not just a hobby, it's an adventure."

Awesome, awesome shop. Congrats on the contest. Love the design.