Thread: Surplus Bowling Lane Contertops

Surplus Bowling Lane Contertops

Is there a source of surplus bowling lane countertops in Jacksonville, FL? My garage workshop lost its countertop several years ago in one of my many military moves. I have all my old equipment, but I'm looking for a countertop to use in my garage workshop. Ideal size would be 72" in length and 36" in depth. The thickness should be enough to support working on automobile and motorcycle engine parts and to support wood I cut to length in outside use. I looked at maple butcher block countertops, but these countertops are too expensive for workshop use. I can't find a source of surplus bowling lane countertops in Jacksonville, FL, but somebody here should be in that business. I also looked at Sears, and I found their Craftsman and Guardian countertops. I can make the countertop base, but if the source of the countertops also sells bases, I'd rather buy the ready-made base, too.

I picked up a set of lanes about twelve years ago when the local alley was having their lanes resurfaced. They showed me that they were going to a composite laminate material - so no more maple lanes...