Thread: Equipment recommendation needed

Equipment recommendation needed

I have a commercial customer who is asking for multi colored magnetic signs for his vehicle fleet. I have done some for him in the past with vinyl, but now he is looking to duplicate a complicated multi color logo.

A friend of mine who is also in the sign business recommended a Gerber Edge. However, I do not see a lot of posts or comments about the Edge and I am concerned about whether or not it is the proper solution.

This is going to be a regular reoccuring job and I need suggestions on the type of equipment that can do multi colored pieces suitable for outdoor use.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,
    Epilog 45 watt, Graphtec cutter-plotter, Corel Graphics Suite X3 - X4, HP and Vaio computers, woodshop.

"Trust, but Verify"

Don,

One option is using a wide format printer and printing on vinyl or directly on the magnetic material. We have a 48" Mutoh VJ 1204, currently we are printing on vinyl, then laminating, then applying the vinyl to magnetic sheet stock. Most magnetic stock suppliers have new products that can be printed on directly, I have yet to try this as Mutoh does not recommend it with our printer. http://www.magnetsource.com/Solution...tmagvinyl.html Either way it's not inexpensive to get into, but does open up other options and gives excellent quailty full color imaging with very low in costs, ie. $.25 per sq. inch.

Neal