Thread: Bluetooth question

Bluetooth question

If I buy the same Bluetooth headset I have for my wife (a Plantronics) and given that we both have iPonnes, will we have trouble with them getting confused about who's phone they are paired to? I'm thinking there must be a unique address for each to prevent problems in public places, but the pin number on all of them is just 0's from the factory.

I believe if you pair them in separate locations, you will not have a problem. One pair of headset and phone should recognize each other only.

My son the genius says the only problem is remembering which bluetooth is which, so put a drop of paint or fingernail polish on one. They will keep exclusive to the phone you paired them with.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    My son the genius says the only problem is remembering which bluetooth is which, so put a drop of paint or fingernail polish on one. They will keep exclusive to the phone you paired them with.
    yup...that is true. We have 4 iMacs at work with various blue tooth keyboards and meese...no problems at all.

Blog Entries
    The comm protocol has a boatload of addresses (more than you'll ever need in a lifetime), so no worries.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Cool. The one I've got is a Voyager 510 and it just works, people can hear me, and I can hear them. I'm sure there are newer ones out there that meet all those criteria but back when I bought it I'd already tried a few that didn't meet at least one. With Sync in my vehicle I don't use it nearly as much, but do when I travel so I wasn't ready to give it up. I found her a NOS one on eBay for a nice price.