Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Point arrow towards red mark on can...

Blog Entries
    Typically there is already an arrow on the nozzle.
    And most people with half a brain can figure out that the side with the hole is where the paint comes out.

Unfortunately, it seems people with only a quarter of a brain do not understand this. We often see them with half of their face painted on TV at sporting events.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    And most people with half a brain can figure out that the side with the hole is where the paint comes out.

Unfortunately, it seems people with only a quarter of a brain do not understand this. We often see them with half of their face painted on TV at sporting events.

jtk
    Jim, are this post directed at me because I am the only one who mentioned spraying mistakes surfaces, I have spray the palm of my hand more than once because of the nozzle and it is not because of my missing brain

Ray,

I am not trying to insult you. I have, in haste, grabbed a can and discovered the nozzle wasn't pointed where I thought.

If you look at the drawing that I indicated in the link, you will see the bottom of the can is higher in the center than the outer edges. Thus the paint will flow away from the center of the can to the edges of the can. The tube is longer than distance to either the center of the can or to the outer edge of the can. This is done purposely so that when the tube is placed in the can and the can is sealed, the tube will not move due to tension and friction. Thus, it's inserted to align with the dot. So if you place the arrow on the nozzle pointed towards the dot, and you spray just so slightly "down hill"....I'm talking a small fraction of a degree.....the paint inside the can will drain to the tube and you can spray all of it IF you don't run out of propellant first.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken, I understand the placing of the tube ,actual the can do not spray very well unless it is held almost vertical ,10 or 15 degrees from vertical either way, you can try to insult me BUT it will be VERY HARD to do,If the tube was to branch off into four directions then the can could be held close to horizontal and the paint would still get pick-up

Ray.....reread what I said.....a fraction of a degree...............from vertical........... not 10º-15º......slightly down hill.............and I am not trying to insult you.........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Ray.....reread what I said.....a fraction of a degree...............from vertical........... not 10º-15º......slightly down hill.............and I am not trying to insult you.........
    when you say " a fraction of a degree , are you talking minutes or seconds of degrees, I know that you can separate the degree to minutes but the average person will had trouble with 10 degrees

If it had not been for the experts at the creek, I would never even know there was an instruction like that on a spray can.

And I am way too slow to know if I have been insulted.

I usually put the push-button thingie on the hole end of the spray can.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

You all need to try the new Premium Rustoliem cans with the trigger and ergo handle. Don't know if the paint is any better, but I can paint without getting a different colored index finger.

Larry

Always wondered what that dot meant......

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    If it had not been for the experts at the creek, I would never even know there was an instruction like that on a spray can.

And I am way too slow to know if I have been insulted.

I usually put the push-button thingie on the hole end of the spray can.
    I like to read but the print on spray paint can and other can of spray are too small to read without using a magnified glass, when did this red dot first appear on spray-paint cans ?

Ha Ha Ha

I think the spray paint guys all sit around and get a good laugh out of the red dot instructions every night after work. Some of the real pranksters even put TWO red dots on some of the cans, prompting an unusually good nightly session.

But seriously, I now feel better because I never get the thing pointing at the red dot and now I know that it doesn't mean beans until I get to the end of the can.
    Sierra Madre Sawing and Milling
    Sierra Madre, California

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    You all need to try the new Premium Rustoliem cans with the trigger and ergo handle. Don't know if the paint is any better, but I can paint without getting a different colored index finger.

Larry

Always wondered what that dot meant......
    is this a pistol -grip handle ?

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    when did this red dot first appear on spray-paint cans ?
    About 1622. The Queens painter discovered the usefulness of it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night