Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any woodworking classes in the Los Angeles area?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any woodworking classes in the Los Angeles area?

My friend who lives in the San Fernando Valley wants to take wood working classes. I'm not aware of anything in that area but I told him I would ask. I'm sure that someone here would know if there are any classes in that area.

Thanks for any help.

Is Anaheim close enough?

William Ng school

Actually William came from Cerritos college woodworking program before opening his own school.

Does he want to take semester type courses, or one day or one week type courses? For semester type courses, Cerritos is the best, but they only offer classes during the week now. The do offer "extension" classes on the weekend but the subject matter is limited and they're more expensive.

For week long courses, William Ng School is available but the classes are expensive. Woodcraft in Stanton offers one day classes on the weekends but the subject matter is limited. They don't offer furniture building courses because that takes more than a day.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I think that is too far, he is in the west Valley. He is looking for semester style classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Aronson View Post
    I think that is too far, he is in the west Valley. He is looking for semester style classes.
    Stop complaining. I know classmates in cerritos class, where they drove 3 hours to class.

The third Thursday evening of each month (7 pm) is the meeting of the SF Valley Woodworking Club. At the recreation room of Balboa Park in Encino. They have a website: www.sfvalleywoodworkers.org. If that doesn't work, try .com.

thanks I'll forward the info to him

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hsieh View Post
    Stop complaining. I know classmates in cerritos class, where they drove 3 hours to class.
    In the LA basin, that's what - eighteen miles?

Have your friend get a copy of woodworkers west magazine I've seen it at Barnes and Noble , they have a pretty complete list of classes or they have an online site with info on subscribing www.woodwest.com
    Tom

12. New Community Woodshop in LA!

There's a new Shared Woodshop in LA!
    Classes will start in February.
    They are located near the 2 and 5 freeway
    www.CommunityWoodshopLA.com

Blog Entries
    The woodcraft store in Ventura offers day classes on various topics / projects. I am taking a three day course on guitar building right now.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    The woodcraft store in Ventura offers day classes on various topics / projects. I am taking a three day course on guitar building right now.

More information please on the Ventura classes. Contact info etc. Thanks

In addition, you may want to suggest he join Sawmillcreek...one helluva woodworking education.