Thread: Small shop is shaping up - and thanks

Small shop is shaping up - and thanks

Well, I've had the opportunity to begin setting up a small shop in my garage and it's going well. Have been out of ww for over 25 years and it's nice to be getting back in (even if very small shop). I've gotten some good advice here that helped and even changed my mind some. So far, after pretty good TS, a drill press, a Dewalt 618 router, and a biscuit cutter, I've just added 6" delta tabletop jointer, a Craftsman 10" bandsaw (Rikon copy) and a Bosch 1171 table. I'll have to wait a little until I get thickness planer but, am looking at Ridgid or Dewalt. I made some poor but, fortunately small purchases before reading a lot here and asking questions. Folks here have been good about answering questions and I appreciate it. Now, I just have to work on some simple projects to get all my joints and cuts sharp again. I'll be pretty much limited to making boxes and small tables.

Thanks for a helpful forum.

Regis

A few years ago I was in your same situation. It sounds like you're ready to go. Enjoy making sawdust and shavings.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Regis, good luck on the shop and just because it is small dosen't mean you can't put out some really good projects. Right now my small shop is the carport of my Apartment so I am even more limited than you at moment but I am still going to try and make something. Now if the rainy season had not started it would be better.

Starting out small is good. Work at it and be careful and you will be move up to bigger and better.