Hi All,

I have a 3 year old Rabbitt laser He 6090SE, running corel draw X3 off a Windows XP box. Currently using the plug in from Laser cut 5.1.

My machine started acting up seriously two days ago. At the end of a cut, the head would zoom off to the bottom left corner ofthe machine instead of remaining at the cut origin. When pressing Datum, the head would move to the zero position but immediately fly off to the opposite corner. It now almost always immediately goes for the corner when pressing start and does not even attempt to cut.

I have reloaded all my MPC6515 driver as well as the lasercut software and the interface to Corel draw.

My gut feel ( I am from a technical background) is that the motion controller card is corrupted. I have followed all the instruction to be found on the rabbit laser usa website regarding downloading new firmware but it looks like the card is not seeing the Memory stick. The stick is formatted to FAT 16. The firmware and hardware versions match those presently on the card as identified using the mpc05ver+m05 version checking executable to be found in lasercut.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Norman and Alexa Ristow
Somerset West,
South Africa.