Thread: Epilog support in the UK ! Is it as bad as it seems or just me

Angry Epilog support in the UK ! Is it as bad as it seems or just me

Just got a used machine, the support is awfull, called the number on the uk webiste (its a mobile) get an answer phone, call the tech sup number, get an answer phone, leave a message, no call back after 4 days, call again, answer machine again so leave a message, repeat all this again, so 3rd message and i get a call back, the guy tells me his getting on a plane to ireland but he will pass my detail on to emco who will service my machine, wait 3 days and emco do call, ask them a service exchange price on the laser tube, say he will call back, that was 3 days ago! called again, answer phone. If anyone at epilog is reading this i dont think it makes you look very good, the chinese laser surport is better!
    Am i expecting to much, when i was servicing lasers we would always answer the phone and call back the same day. Any one on here have an opinion? all i want is a price and some spare parts.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Probably easier to call the USA branch....
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

On hold now for a "technical rep"! hopefully they will at least answer my question! This is why china will take over the world and everyone will be moaning because their jobs have been 'stolen' !!
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

Wink

Spoke to Epilog USA, totally different story there, helpfull, knowledgeable all round good customer service, guess thats the difference between a manufacturer and an agent who does other things on the side.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

Matthew I guess the question is did you get the answers you needed?
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    Matthew I guess the question is did you get the answers you needed?
    Before I call Epilog tech support I always search the forums here first just in case it's something simple. If I can't find the answer I usually post the question/problem.

Let us know what problem you are or were having.
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Hi Ed, its spares and a few in depth technical questions i need, our tube is low on power, so we need a price for a service exchange (or we may get coherent to repair it) i also had a few questions on setting the colimator on the laser (not something you should really play with) but i have lots of diagnostic kit and got the laser running again. Epilog UK seems a weird setup to me, an Irish agent subing work out to another uk outfit, I have been told (on here) they lost their agent to trotech so guess its all new.
    Matt
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

Matthew your problem is not with Epilog, they truly are an amazing company when it comes to their aftersales and assistance. I am sure once you speak with a suitable representative you will be afforded all the required assistance that you need. Your issue is with your Epilog rep, he is doing them a disservice, my dealer was Identify UK based in Bristol. They have now changed to Trotec, however they still deal with Epilog. I would suggest that you give them a call, the service there is almost home from home and I am sure that they will help you out. Moderators please accept that I am offering this telephone number to assist another member who is having technical assistance and not to promote Epilog or other companies, if you feel I may have breached any site rule please feel free to amend any part this message. The telephone number for Identify UK is 0117-9530800 Fax: 0117 9530900
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Matthew also depending on your laser and year built you might be able to shift to an epilog tube and save a large amount of cash.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Ok I have been reliably informed by another member of SMC that Identify are not associated any longer with Epilog, which is a shame. I can only apologise for that. It would appear that CIS are the new dealers and I don't have the full details for their contacts, but I'm sure if you fire off an email to Epilog they will supply you with all the contact numbers required.

Its CIS and EMCO that have been slow, interestingly now they seem to have woken up, i guess Epilog have bollocked CIS and they have just called and promised to get me the prices that i need , i think its all a new operation for them and there are lots of people invovled. Lucky for me we dont have a use for this machine yet and its just a back ground project. I like the machine and Epilog seem like a really decent company, i think with all these chinese machines coming over the customer service is going to be the area where companies like Epilog and Universal need to shine to warrant the higher prices they charge.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

I agree Matthew and I think you are right. There are members of SMC who are high up in Epilog and I know that they take everything regarding their reliability very seriously. I hope you get the machine up and running to your needs.

they have been much better today, got all my prices (not cheap mind $6k tube exchange) today and very apologetic, i think its a new setup and it will take time to find their feet, hopefully they have good engineers that will have a good understanding of the lasers. Im having great fun working on it !!
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2