Thread: Gorilla Remote Quit

Gorilla Remote Quit

All of a sudden the remote for my 3 HP Gorilla quit working. It works from the switch fine.

Yes, I replace the battery with a new one.

Anyone know of any "what to look for" options on how to get 'er goin' again??

Thanks,
    Jim

When my remotes have quit, it has generally been the switch itself. To test, you could take the cover off, and jumper across the switch with something conductive like a screwdriver. If that makes the cyclone start, you know where the problem is. Unfortunately, you may find that you can't easily buy a replacement switch that fits, and you'll have to pay for an entire darn remote.

Jamie,

When I push the start/stop switch on the Gorilla it starts and stops fine.

Jim

Same thing happened to my Gorilla. Had to replace the remote receiver. Fixed the problem. Oneida has them in stock (go figure)

I had the same problem and had to replace the receiver and remote. works great now and have 2 remotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post
    Jamie,

When I push the start/stop switch on the Gorilla it starts and stops fine.

Jim
    No, I mean the switch in the remote.

Jamie,

I really have no idea how you would do that on the remote switch. I have had it out and it is all integrated. There are four posts sticking out on the back side of the switch but I think they just hold the switch to the board and over the metal ribbon in the board. At least running a screw driver between the contacts on the back side does nothing.

The little red light on the switch does light up in both the on and off positions so the switch contacts are doing something.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post
    Jamie,

I really have no idea how you would do that on the remote switch. I have had it out and it is all integrated. There are four posts sticking out on the back side of the switch but I think they just hold the switch to the board and over the metal ribbon in the board. At least running a screw driver between the contacts on the back side does nothing.

The little red light on the switch does light up in both the on and off positions so the switch contacts are doing something.

Jim
    Yes, the pushbutton inside the remote is probably like the ones in other remotes I've taken apart. There are four pins on the back of the switch that go through the printed circuit board. They mechanically hold the switch to the board, and two of them are the electrical connections to the switch. Those are the two that you can bridge to test the switch.

But if this is unfamiliar territory for you, the repair job will be a challenge. You have to find a mechanically-compatible switch, unsolder the dead one, and solder the new one in. You're better off just buying a new remote from Oneida.

Blog Entries
    I've noticed that my Oneida remote won't work if it is sitting directly on my iron table saw top, pick it up a few inches and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    I've noticed that my Oneida remote won't work if it is sitting directly on my iron table saw top, pick it up a few inches and it works fine.
    Mine does that too. Always wondered about that.