Thread: In praise of woodpeckers

In praise of woodpeckers

I order the occasional tool from woodpeckers since I'm a sucker for beautiful tools. I also recently ordered 2 old style incra jigs for an indexing
    job I'm making. Twice I've had a problem, neither their fault. The first time I ordered one of their long rules and it looked like the delivery
    truck drove over it. The packing tube was mangled and the rule bent. No questions asked, they shipped another one. For the incra jig, it was
    drop shipped from incra and they only sent one jig. I called woodpeckers and they said they'd take care of it. The call was so short, I was afraid I got
    blown off. Three days later, the new jig shows up on my doorstep.

This is the way customer service is supposed to work.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. They are a 1st class company. Both for their high quality products and service.

PHM

I love my Woodpecker stuff. I am also a sucker for nice looking tools.

My setup blocks arrive next Tue. I can't wait.
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 11-04-2011 at 8:49 PM.

Woodpecker is a nice company with good cs and great products. I wish they would not have the short run stuff that limits when you can buy it.
    Richard

Agree that the product and service are both top notch, I just got my limited run 24" precision square and its REALLY nice.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

And their lifetime warranty service is great also! I think my PRL came back working better than new! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Agree that the product and service are both top notch, I just got my limited run 24" precision square and its REALLY nice.
    Jeff, I tihought I might order one of these, but I got the impression that the square only had the engraved lines on the top and that the the metal was fairly thick and so would make it hard to transfer dimensions off the side of the square....maybe I am being anal retentive, but I didn't spring for it as I thought the money wasted if I couldn't transfer the dimensions as accurately as the scale was engraved. I would appreciate your comments on this. Cheers, bob

Bob,
    I guess it is all in the way that you use it. I have a 12" square and an 18" carpenter square from them. I use them to mark square lines and check that the things I build are square. I have several Incra squares that don't have any measurement marks. I have precision rulers with stops and marking t-squares to take measurements and make marks. YMMV.
    Cary
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 11-04-2011 at 8:49 PM.

And let's not forget, Made in USA!

I bought a Woodpeckers router plate for my router table several years ago. I have never seen one like it sense. Flat and true, stays in place, didn't have to buy an expensive jig to route the hole. Just get it within about 1/8" and the side bearings hold it in place. Doesn't pop out of the table every time I touch the router either. My old ones used to come loose from the table every time I tried to adjust the router.

I agree with everyone on the great tools they have, the only problem I have is the one time only stuff. I know I have talked about it before and I understand about why they do it and making money but still..... I buy a tool, one time only, use it like it and a friend uses it, likes it but they can't buy one.
    I can see making a small run to see how they sell but then if its a good selling tool make another run.

I have several of Woodpeckers tools, and have never had a problem with any of them. I also suggested one of their one-time tools, and they liked the idea so much they made it. And I got one for free to boot.
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Mr. Falk

Feel free to try Woodpeckers.

We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on eveything we sell including Woodpeckers. Try it and, if you don't like it for any reason, we will be happy to give you a full refund including shipping.

Very, very rarely does anyone ask us to do this and then it is usually a matter of having ordered the wrong model.

Of course I am the guy who started selling Woodpeckers because they are just so beautiful in design and manufacturing. I still have the T square I bought in Las Vegas a few years ago just because it was pretty.

Tom Walz
    Carbide Processors

Send me a PM with any questions.
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Falk View Post
    Jeff, I tihought I might order one of these, but I got the impression that the square only had the engraved lines on the top and that the the metal was fairly thick and so would make it hard to transfer dimensions off the side of the square....maybe I am being anal retentive, but I didn't spring for it as I thought the money wasted if I couldn't transfer the dimensions as accurately as the scale was engraved. I would appreciate your comments on this. Cheers, bob
    Bob, I can see your concern with the thickness of the square. I didn't really purchase mine for measuring though, more for machine setup and checking for square. I did use it this last weekend, for marking out a cutout on melamine, I found no issues with making accurate markings. I really like it.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

The best part about Woodpeckers is....they are 6 minutes form my house!!!! I have met the son at Cleveland Tool and Cutters "Open House" Very bight young man. There tools are excellent.

Regards,

Patrick
    Patrick