Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New shop and intro

I just don't know what I would do with such a clean and organized shop... Looking great, Don.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Don, not to intrude, but I presume (judging by all of your new machinery) that you got a decent insurance check to help rebuild?

Did you have a rider in your insurance for your garage, or was that covered by your standard homeowners insurance?
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Quote Originally Posted by alex grams View Post
    Don, not to intrude, but I presume (judging by all of your new machinery) that you got a decent insurance check to help rebuild?

Did you have a rider in your insurance for your garage, or was that covered by your standard homeowners insurance?
    You have to have commercial insurance if your doing business. Homeowners doesn't cover commercial.

Don

That's what my insurance company said... If I sell ONE thing out of my shop, I am considered a business and no longer covered under my homeowner's policy.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Congrats on the new shop, and the chance to change things to suit your current needs. And very Very! sorry to hear about what happened to the old one. While I sure the hurt to the business is not good, as long as everyone is alive and unhurt the rest is just stuff. And hey from the looks of it you got some pretty good new stuff.

Jealous of the space and all the yellow present in the new shop.

And welcome to the creek. The people here are the best around.

Joshua

What about putting OSB on the walls first for haning things and then drywall over that? Expensive, but it allows hanging stuff anywhere while offering fire resistance.

Not terribly expensive though at $7/sheet for 7/16" OSB. Quick calculation says $250 for the OSB for a 24x32x10 shop not accounting for doors and windows.. Install goes quick with a nail gun. In the big scheme of building a shop that's not a big addition. The other advantage is that hitting it the drywall with a board means damage, but not a hole.

Hello, All I can add is when you do something you sure do it FIRST CLASS, Do you have any pictures you would share of items you made before the fire? Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
    Hello, All I can add is when you do something you sure do it FIRST CLASS, Do you have any pictures you would share of items you made before the fire? Thanks Jim
    No I dont our onsite server was in the shop when it burned, we also used it to run the little cnc that didn't get replaced. I now have a offsite hosting service and will be asking previous clients to help with new pics for web based client gallery.

Don