Thread: Laguna MLA 0230-175 Lathe Question

Question Laguna MLA 0230-175 Lathe Question

Moderator, Please delete, machine is no longer available, question is no longer relevant.

Hello All, I'm Tony of TonyPepesWoodworking, retired hobby turner, New to the forum. I currently have a Rikion 70-220VSR which I love.
    I recently came across this posting on Craigslist, https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/t...501971710.html

I contacted Laguna and they said they stopped selling that unit @ 10 years ago. No parts of support anymore. I have looked for information, but all I have found is manuals.
    Original they want $1000, now its down to $400, probably because I told them it was outdated and no parts were being sold by Laguna.

My question is does anyone have any information about this model? It looks like its built like a tank, will turn 16" over the bed, 110 power, which I need,
    and outboard turning as well with the swiveling headstock. It has a tail stock issue, which I think is fixable.

Am I crazy for thinking about picking this up? Can I go wrong for $400? The Legs alone go for $200-300?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tony
    Last edited by Anthony Corato; 07-25-2022 at 7:00 PM. Reason: question is no longer relevant, item has sold