View Poll Results: which cnc router will be perfect for solid door works?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shopbot

1 6.25%
  • Camaster

10 62.50%
  • any other

3 18.75%
  • please specify & why

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Please put suggestion about cnc router buy

Post Please put suggestion about cnc router buy

Hello dear all friends! I'm not a new member of this forum. long long time i enjoyed my weekend to regular night to reading your posts. as well as your shared knowledge & experience.Which make me confident tht you'll not let me to go wrong. about decision,showing new tech at our country and future of my creative act.
    According to budget i planned to buy either used non- Chinese or brand new Chinese cnc woodworking router as my starting 1st machine.
    my wooden furniture factory needs new tech for watch somebody's wonder face so.
    but somehow i found camaster's promo & i feel happy & starting dream to owned a brand new us made machine like camaster stringer
    and of course in my budget.
    I'm now confused a little to see attached options of their quote. i put number & abcdef to choose the right option
    according my requirement.
    bed size of stringer is small (25" x 36")for my wooden door (36"x84") but I'm4-1b.jpgDOOR.jpgSAMPLE CNC DOOR WORK 1 copy.jpgSAMPLE CNC DOOR WORK 2.jpgSTINGER QUOTE SURVEY.jpg planning to work partials 9"-12 x35"-36" & join together.
    please help us to point-out options of quote also explain about your suggestion would be much appreciated. i'm sure it will be help more
    and more friends out of this forum who planned to purchase a machine for first time and dreamed to worth their invest.
    i know all wise and experienced cnc router user here always helps and shared them here. my attached files
    1 is quote of stringer (options) and rest pics shows our solid door works as we planned.

we could go for other brand but budget????????
    urgent decision has to make so please reply asap
    RABBIT LASER ENGRAVER 0609SE

Post moved to CNC forum.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Well, I voted CAMaster - because I own one. I can tell you that when Phoebe (my router) arrive home, she was essentially ready to cut. The frame was solid welded steel. The gantry was on, aligned and ready to go. WINCNC was installed on the computer, all of the .ini files, soft limits and everything was set. I decided I was going to come up with my own hold down set up - so I had to get that going, grab some MDF, load a bit into the router, generate a toolpath in Aspire (which I use on another PC)... and I was ready to crash my first bit into the table. I think everyone does that at least once. Seriously, you provide the material, bits and toolpaths and you're ready to cut. I think with the Stinger I, I could have been cutting within about an hour of it arriving at my house... I have the Stinger II 4x4 and it took a LITTLE more man handling. These things are built like tanks.

And, in running on a year now, and I haven't had a hitch out of Phoebe. My wife has gotten into the joy of Phoebe... of course the only problem there is that Phoebe does EXACTLY what she is told to do... not always exactly what we WANT her to do... oh well, women...

Oh, and as far as all of the options - I'd give Joey a call and discuss them with him... maybe after Christmas. You can talk to him, explain to him what you want to do and he'll do a good job of helping you figure out the options you need.
    Last edited by Brad Knight; 12-25-2011 at 7:03 AM.

CAmaster owner here as well, have owned several and there is a very good reason for this.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-26-2011 at 7:00 PM. Reason: Removed personal website link. Linking to your personal website is not allowed per the TOS.

Shopbot owner here very satisfied and excellent support group.

I am another CAMaster owner, well in fact I own two of there machines a 2' x 3' Stinger I and a 5' x 8' ATC (Automatic Tool Changer) with a 4th axis lathe. I also offer you a preview of the machine if you live on the West Coast.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

camaster.jpg

joey posted this on the camheads, got me excited about my new machine!!