Thread: A question or two that I'd like to get answers to......

A question or two that I'd like to get answers to......

Last week, I was told that my post in the classified section was removed as it was considered "too commercial" by one of the moderators.
    I thought that if I paid my $6 I was allowed to post in classified. I was informed that this section was "only for those items that constitute surplus or unneeded items of a woodworking nature - tools, excess material, etc. Postings of a commercial nature are not permitted, including posts of items from a manufacturer, estate sales, and events such as what you have posted.

You might consider becoming a Friend of the Creek or a Sponsor. If you contact Keith Outten, he can work with you on that. There are some extended privileges for those situations."

Ok, so I can understand that.
    I read the "terms of service" and looked for the "sticky" at the top of the classified ad section, trying to find my own answers as I was instructed to do. But I couldn't find an answer to my questions.

I am prepared to pay the $50 needed to become a "Friend of the Creek" if I can my question answered. Which was would my post about my educational event be considered "too commercial" or not.
    And if it is allowed could I edit the post after the date of the event to a future date of the next event.

The moderator who responded said he couldn't tell me the answers, but that he would forward my questions to Keith. He would work with me on that.

Well, it has been a week. And to date I have not gotten any response.

What do I have to do to get some answers?

Jim Rogers
    Keep your chisels sharp.

Jim,

I cover a lot of miles here in a week but I do remember one of our Moderators asking me to respond to your request. Because I have had a steady stream of requests lately I am a bit behind but I do remember the issue and I will find your original thread this evening so i can review the facts and get back to you ASAP.

For now I can tell you that the privileges you would gain by becoming a Friend of The Creek (FOTC) would not change your posting privileges in any of our woodworking forums. The FOTC is a directory listing and you are able to edit your listing at any time. You would also be allowed to provide a link in your signature to your FOTC record.

We provide three ways for companies to advertise here:

1. Banner Advertisements.
    2. FreeStuff Drawings.
    3. FOTC Directory Listings.

There are no advertising options in any of our woodworking or other primary forums.

Thanks for your reply.
    Keep your chisels sharp.