Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What's your favorite "odd food combo"?

Blog Entries
    zach, this was supposed to be strange combinations.
    french fries and chocolate malts are natural things, kind of like cookies and milk!

Kevin, what about bacon bits and chocolate pudding? That's pretty weird... at least thats what my family tells me!
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Blog Entries
    i have never tried it but i dont know if i would like it or not? i love bits & ice cream but i think thats because
    its cold and hard and pudding would cover all of the bacon i think and mask to much of the taste??

Tuna sandwich with ketchup wash it down with a glass of room temp orange juice.
    Dad eats peanut butter and jelly with bbq sauce, cheddar cheese and jalapenos.
    Father in law eats chocolate ice cream with black olives.

Heard this on the radio last night... Twinkie hot dog... stuff a hot dog into a twinkie and top with squeezy cheese.

Where are the tums?

Jerrimy
    I make dirt out of woodworking tools.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrimy Snook View Post
    Dad eats peanut butter and jelly with bbq sauce, cheddar cheese and jalapenos.
    okay, i have seen, heard and eaten a lot of odd stuff myself but im officially putting your dad up for the sickest SOBOE award!!

He is honored by the nomination! In his defense, when his dad cooked dinner it was "anything/everything in the fridge, thrown in a skillet with eggs".

BTW dad says "don't knock it 'til you try it" and offers a dare... I WON'T Try it!

If you like peanut butter (an who doesn't) and you like plain potato chips, then you have to put them together. I usually put peanut butter on both pieces of bread, apply liberal qty of chips, smash it all together. It is a delicacy (I think).

oh my goodness. I had sardines in olive oil and peanut butter spread on saltines for dinner. Washed it down with the remainder of the Pennsylvania dutch egg nog, and immediately downed 2 Ho-Hos for desert.

Blog Entries
    we had a bonanza (smorg style steak house) that had a tray of chicken livers and i would dunk them in cheddar cheese sauce.
    i have ate hundreds of those things over the years but unfortunately they have closed down and i miss them BIG time!

Pancakes with refried beans on top.

My wife likes fresh, unaged cheese with mayo, cayenne, and lime. It's what you'd put on top of boiled corn-on-the-cob in Mexico, but when you don't have any corn...

One of my FAVORITES is platanos fritos. Fried plantains served with refried beans and crema. It's not unusual for Latin America but is unusual fare here. Tried them at an El Salvadoran restaurant and brought it home. I now always have plantains ripening at home.

Pancakes with yogurt on them. Eggs with Espresso salt. Try saltworks.us, you'll never touch Mortons table salt again.

Jerrimy