Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite "odd food combo"?

My parents grow Vidalias in their garden
    How would they feel about adopting a 59 1/2 year old son?

I've never tried Vidalia casserole. Sounds delicious!
    I'm a bit prejudiced though since I thing Vidalias are like beer - proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

I do really love Vidalia's though. Up North here, we have trouble getting the "real deal".
    They come in bags marked Vadalia & grown in Ga. - but - most of the time what's in the bag isn't a real Vadalia. It has a "bite" to it & a little heat.
    Once every so often though, I'll get some "real deal" ones that are just out of this world sweet and you can eat them like an apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    How would they feel about adopting a 59 1/2 year old son?

I've never tried Vidalia casserole. Sounds delicious!
    I'm a bit prejudiced though since I thing Vidalias are like beer - proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

I do really love Vidalia's though. Up North here, we have trouble getting the "real deal".
    They come in bags marked Vadalia & grown in Ga. - but - most of the time what's in the bag isn't a real Vadalia. It has a "bite" to it & a little heat.
    Once every so often though, I'll get some "real deal" ones that are just out of this world sweet and you can eat them like an apple.
    My daddy always wanted a son but it's a long drive from Ohio to GA for Christmas!

Vidalia casserole - basically sliced onions, butter, Parmesan cheese. Amounts aren't very specific. Bake until onions are tender. Some folks add crushed Ritz crackers, some add cream of your flavor choice here soup, some add sour cream.

Seriously, remind me when onion season rolls around and I'll send you some Gen-u-wine Vidalias. If you are up for a road trip you can come and get your own. http://www.vidaliaonionfestival.com/

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Bacon cheeseburger with chunky peanut butter hits the spot.
    My money talks to me... It says Good Bye.

Onions, butter and cheese from the salt shaker can thingie!
    Bake until tender!
    Got it!
    Sounds like my kind of food (peasant style ).

One can of tomato soup, one can of albacore chunk tuna in water (drain the water), 2/3 soup can of milk. Break up tuna chunks to bite size. Warm and eat. I discovered this when I wanted a tuna sandwich and tomato soup for lunch and was out of bread.

Grilled cheese with olives and jalapenos.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Grilled cheese with olives and jalapenos.
    Black or green olives - or either one or both?

I'm not really partial to using either - whatever is in the fridge @ the time is fine by me.

I do think the green ones add a bit more flavor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Black or green olives - or either one or both?
    green I like the flavour better
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Shrimp Pancakes. Serve with hot sauce or chutney.

Todd

Pulling this back up because it interested me and I didn't see mine: Peanut butter and balogna sandwich, though I did notice the PB and ham version mentioned.

I find it interesting peanut butter ended up in so many of these.

My wife has a ton of them, they all either have bacon (like bacon jam) or foie gras, she is a sucker for pork bellies and goose liver.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andrews View Post
    One can of tomato soup, one can of albacore chunk tuna in water (drain the water), 2/3 soup can of milk. Break up tuna chunks to bite size. Warm and eat. I discovered this when I wanted a tuna sandwich and tomato soup for lunch and was out of bread.
    I'm sorry Dan, but you've been chopped...

[QUOTE=Van Huskey;1850329My wife has a ton of them, they all either have bacon (like bacon jam) or foie gras, she is a sucker for pork bellies and goose liver.[/QUOTE]

I like your wife. Bacon . . . few things in life are better than bacon. It's a shame society frowns on bacon and Jack Daniels for breakfast.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I like your wife. Bacon . . . few things in life are better than bacon. It's a shame society frowns on bacon and Jack Daniels for breakfast.
    Belinda, that has got to be the best pickup line I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Bacon . . . few things in life are better than bacon. It's a shame society frowns on bacon and Jack Daniels for breakfast.
    You are so right, Belinda!

I actually like mustard on pizza. It's gotta be yellow mustard and frozen pizza, though. A friend from Wisconsin recommended it to me....
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug W Swanson View Post
    You are so right, Belinda!

I actually like mustard on pizza. It's gotta be yellow mustard and frozen pizza, though. A friend from Wisconsin recommended it to me....
    There was a pizza place here once upon a time, I was very distressed when they closed, that made a cheeseburger pizza with mustard for the sauce. It had dill pickles slices on top. I've tried to recreate it at home but it just isn't as good.

Bella Terra