Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birdhouse Ornaments

Birdhouse Ornaments

Well I think I have finished with ornaments for the gallery. Here are the last 10 for the gallery. I will have 45 fo these down there plus bells and ornaments. The second picture of the two are for my grandson. He thought he wanted them for mom and dad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie, those all look neat! I love the textured body on them, and I am curious as to how you got the spirals done with such regularity. All the colors are great - just a fine looking batch of ornaments!! They should go quickly.

Nice looking batch Bernie. I also like the texturing and decoration on the bodies, as well as the great roofs.

So I gotta ask, are you sick of making them yet? I know I'll be very happy when I finish all my ornaments for the year. I'm thinking next year I'll turn fewer. Maybe if I call them a numbered limited edition I can sell them for more .

Bernie, I too am curious as to how the diagonal / spiral lines were done. They are a very nice addition to the birdhouses. And I think the burn lines showing "shingles" is fantastic. Another great addition to the common birdhouse.

Walter

That is some quality housing Bernie! Well done!

Those are really cool, Bernie. You're gonna make someone's day with those.

R
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Very nice Bernie! I too like the spiraling and the "shingles".
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Very nice, Bernie great bunch

Thank you to all. John and Walter I use this tool http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/st...ro_spiral?Args= to make the texture on the sides. John I used this tool held at a 45* angle for like 3 passes to make the spirals go the one way. The texturing was done at a 45* angle to the right and then reversed the angle to 45* to the left.

Paul I never get tired of these. Kids love them. I have several ladies that collect them every year. I sell a bunch of these every year and last year sold 36 of them at $24.50 ea.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie:

You're a real production house! Nice job on the bird houses and hope all of them sell.

Man Bernie, you've been busy! I really like the shingle roofs. That's a great bunch of ornaments.

You are a machine, Bernie!

They get better every year!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Bernie, outstanding just totally outstanding.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

You really stepped these up Bernie!!! Not just birdhouses anymore!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Thanks all. These things are fun to make and are 3 pieces. I took them down to the gallery this morning. She called me this afternoon and said 10 are spoken for. She said she has 6 to 8 others who want that barn style and she suggested I make 12 to 15 more of the barn style. So I guess tomorrow will be more birdhouses. She said she thinks I found a gold mine as they haven't even got the tree decorated yet and they are sold. She said they were just lying on the table with the other ornaments while they got the tree up.
    Bernie