Thread: "T" handle Allen Wrenches

"T" handle Allen Wrenches

I'm looking for some T handle Allen wrenches - but with special requirements.

I want to put them in my tool bag so I want them to be together, organized in some fashion, and not take too much room. My idea is some kind of pouch or cloth roll for them. However, when I find T handle Allen wrenches they're always in some kind of holder that's physically large.

Anyone have a pointer to a set of SAE and a set of Metric (two sets) T handle Allen wrenches that come is some kind of low volume storage device (probably a pouch or roll)? I know I could make a pouch but I'd like to buy a set with one, if I can.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mike -

I have this set, actually 2 sets - metric and SAE. Flat see-thru plastic "pouch". They don't get used hard, but they have been great for the last decade +.

Me likey. Only t-handles I have ever owned, or will ever own...someone will get a great deal from SWMBO when I cash out.

Pouch OD is about 9" x 11" x 1" thick for the 6" models. They come in other length[s] as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Sizes-2-0mm-10...693039&sr=8-12
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Mike, these do not have a case of any type but they are the best allen wrenches I have ever had. I have a set of T-Handle ball end and a set of screwdriver handle ball end. They are great, I have never broke one or stripped it out.
    They are not cheap but like everything you get what you pay for.

http://www.bondhus.com/products/t-handles/body-0.htm

I've also got some miscellaneous Bondhus items - a few ball-end screwdriver-handle allen keys, dedicated to specific actions [I hate having to dig out the set for a tool that a specific machine needs for a specific adjustment]. They are also top-notch quality. Can't go wrong there, as Bill correctly points out.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Mike, I got three sets of Allen wrenches [different sizes] steel case, I believe that the sets are called " smithy sets " check with mechanic tools dealers

Mike, I am not sure about a set, but I picked up some three way allen wrenches at a bicycle repair shop that I leave at each Euro machine in the shop. What they are is three different sizes arranged at 120 degrees to form a 3-4" circle. Great grip, good quality, and the three sizes fit all the allens on a Italian machine. Not sure if the same thing is available in smaller sizes and SAE, and the names on the plastic coating is surely worn off by now. I will not be at the shop for a couple of days, but when I am next there I will try to see if I can find a manufacturer. But like I said, think bicycle. There are some very cool tools for bicycles that work well, are compact, and light.

Larry

Mike
    Have you looked into folding Allen wrench sets? Eklind makes a good set. They do not have the long reach of a T handle set. But folding Allen wrench set are very compact, and will not take up to much room in your tool bag. Tom http://www.tools-plus.com/eklind-20811.html