Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New garbage disposal - 3 bolt or not-3-bolt? What's best?

I installed an Insinkerator Pro 750 a couple years ago and am happy with it. It is quiet, even on stainless steel sink, and quite easy to maintain. By that I mean the rubber splash guard is inserted from the top and is easy to pull out, clean, and push back in.

Two weeks ago I had to remove the disposal from my girl friends sink just to replace the rubber splash guard. It was a real hassle due to the disposal being attached to the drain on a shallow corner bowl located in the back corner of her 2 bowl sink. Almost impossible to get my hand or tool up to the locking mechanism to remove it and even harder to hold the disposal in place and reach up and tighten the locking mechanism. Not fault of disposal other than the pain in the ass to replace the rubber because it is sandwiched between the flange and disposal. Not so with he Insinkerator.

[QUOTE=Bruce Page;2670836]Note that this is a 5 year old thread.[/QUOTE
    crap, I usually notice the timeline before I post but I was sure this one was bolded when I was perusing the forum (indicating new content).
    Oh well. apparently I was wrong.