Thread: PM3520A Repairs Completed Gloat

PM3520A Repairs Completed Gloat

Early last month I picked up a freight damaged Powermatic 3520A never used lathe. With help from all my friends on the Creek I was to complete all the needed repairs and part replacements, along with programing the new VFD. Sure runs sweet compared to my old Delta 46-111 lathe. You might ask how much did all this cost me, other then time that I have a lot of. I'm a little embarrassed to say, but just under $1400, including two tanks of gas, (it was a long drive) Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you are the hot dog that goes with all that mustard. Excellent job and a great find!

Nice find! Enjoy the Mustard Monster, it is really a class machine!

Looks great! Were you able to talk the guy down after making the long trip ?
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Good for you! It does rather overpower that old Rockwell in the background,... and you haven't even started turning on it! I made a similar kind of jump a little over a year ago picking up a used A. I like it so much I would even consider coughing up the money for a new one if I had too. Hope you feel the same way a year from now.

You're a little embarrassed to say you have a little under $1400 in a $4000 lathe? I think you should shout it from a roof top. Well done!

Awesome! Congrats. Great purchase price!!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

You get a huge

YOU SUCK

outta me!

I drink, therefore I am.

Thomas you did well...extremely well.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.