Mystery Dust Collecter

Whadya make of this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd run LOL

Quote Originally Posted by David Nelson1 View Post
    I'd run LOL
    Ditto! It looks home made.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Not a dust collector, probably either a corn sheller or a grain thresher or mill of some sort.

Looks a lot like the dust collectors we had at wood for our old pedestal type grinders. Kinda.

I'm with John on this one.

Rick Potter

Also with John on it being some sort of something else My bet would be a thresher of some sort.

There are clearly a few parts that make sense:
    - the slanted table for the ?grain? to run down
    - the collection bin at the bottom to gather up the heavy bits
    - the blower to push the chaff over into the blue outlet tube
    I'm betting the motor on the side drives some flails inside. I'm not sure why the blower outlet is split, maybe the lower airflow side vent that goes into the main body is used to "float" the grain on the flails.

Would be interesting to see what the inside of that rig looks like with the lid off.

Seeing what the green motor on the side is turning would be key. I was thinking perhaps some sort of pneumatic conveyor if the green motor were turning an air lock mechanism. The blower looks too wimpy though.

I feel badly putting this up and being unable to find it again on Ebay. I was trolling under dust control and it caught my eye. One of the pictures on the auction that I saw but did not copy was of what is under the lid. With the lid removed there is a metal screen with half inch diameter cut outs which lends support to it being some sort of thresher/sorter that parts some material and transports what is separated to different containers. I had no idea what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Seidner View Post
    I feel badly putting this up and being unable to find it again on Ebay. I was trolling under dust control and it caught my eye. One of the pictures on the auction that I saw but did not copy was of what is under the lid. With the lid removed there is a metal screen with half inch diameter cut outs which lends support to it being some sort of thresher/sorter that parts some material and transports what is separated to different containers. I had no idea what it was.
    At Ebay, is it in your "Your last viewed items"? (first page, lower left)

Not to thread jack, but I've got your home made dust collector right here. It was for sale on my local craigslist for $40 and advertised as a dust collector.

It's difficult to grasp how it works though...

5Z35X25S43n13kb3l4barda5b94ebd5f21121.jpg5Z55U15P23md3o53p3bar7d8ffadc29201ed1.jpg

I have several mystery dust collectors. I look at them in my shop, notice they do nothing but collect dust, and the reason I bought them remains a mystery...