Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member...Jessica Singer!

New Member...Jessica Singer!

If you check the Member list....my daughter Jessica joined yesterday. She has done some fashion related woodworking....has not introduced herself as yet...she is a member though
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Welcome Jessica

Please welcome Jessica for me Mark.

It's great to have a daughter who is interested in woodworking isn't it. Kristel, one of my two daughters, is quite interested in woodworking and, while she was still at home with us, we tackled many joint projects together.

And a warm-hearted "Welcome" to you, Jessica! As best as I can figure, we now have 3 Singers at the Creek! (And here I sit, not even able to hold a tune! ) Seriously, make yourself known to us, as we'd love to hear your perspective on this whole WW thing from the feminine side of the Singer family! Oh, and I won't even get into the "no pics, no gloat" thing, as I'm sure your Dad being a moderator and all that, has already filled you in on the finer points of SMC! Don't be a stranger! Come often, stay long...!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

A big welcome to Jessica, I agree with Frank, our daughter got a blue ribbon at the Ill State Fair in 1983 for her woodworking.
    Earl

5. Smile Thank you for the warm greetings!!!

Hello all SMC members,

I have heard so much about all of you! Like yourselves, my father is very passionate about his woodworking and he often shares his enthusiasm of SMC with me. I read your hilarious posts, see your gorgeous and amazing projects, and feel touched by the care and support you have for one another.

I took woodshop in the 7th and 8th grade with Mr. Hemus. He had little jars scattered around the woodshop room with fake human fingers and eyeballs in them... To warn us kids what could happen if we didn't take the proper precautions!!! Mr. Hemus was quite a character and I enjoyed his class very much. Besides that, every so often I'll help my dad with his projects and find his tools helpful for my own. Like my father, I love design, and I work in the fashion industry.

I grew up in a very design-oriented, do-it-yourself, household. My earliest memories include me playing in the dirt at my dad's jobsites and watching him work in the garage. I feel very fortunate to have a father and brother that can do anything when it comes to installing, fixing, designing.... My dad complains that his knees still hurt from installing my flooring in my home, which was over 5 months ago!!! But it never fails, my dad has always helped me with anything I ever needed...

Now I live with my brother, Ryan, who eats, sleeps, breathes, design. The attention and care Ryan puts into his design is amazing. Every aspect, to the smallest detail, is addressed. He's designed and built his own bed, he's doing our landscape plan, and some of our furniture... Ryan's wheels are constantly turning....

Well, it's nice to have joined SMC. My father has deepest regards for all of you. I may not be as active of a member as he, but occasionally I'd like to stop by and see what everyone is doing.

Hey Bill Grumbine.... Now that I'm a member, am I invited to your annual woodworking/eating extravaganza? I'm so impressed with your generosity and spirit....

Hello Jim Becker!!! Hope all is well with you....and all SMC members!!!

Thank you for having me. Cheers!!!

Jessica,

A warm welcome to you. Your father is inspirational to us all. We have all learned a great deal from him. I'm always ready to read anything that Ryan drops in with. Now that you mention that he eats, breathes and lives design..... well it fits! Drop in anytime and share.

John

Jessica,

It is great to have another Singer at SMC! Welcome to this wonderful site, I hope that we see you around often!

Jeff
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jessica, welcome to the creek. Your dad has been a great inspiration for a lot of us here at the creek. Don't be a stranger.

Joe

Welcome Jessica. It's good to have you join us.

As you can see from my avatar, my fashion sense is......shall we say somewhat lacking. Perhaps you might have an idea to help.

Then again I am probably beyond help.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Welcome Jessica. It is good to have ya. I am relatively new here as well and i love the friendship and comrodity that is SMC. Tell me though is your father as funny to be around as he seems. The guy cracks me up on a regular basis with his responses here. I bet your family has a ball when you get together.

Again welcome and keep us up on the female perspective of things especially when it comes to the furniture designs. I always love to get the loml responses on the pieces i build. A womans eye is a wonderful tool when it comes to finding the beauty in things.

Welcome to the site Jessica. Stop back soon!

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    If you check the Member list....my daughter Jessica joined yesterday. She has done some fashion related woodworking....has not introduced herself as yet...she is a member though
    Hey Mark, how about you help your daughter out with an avatar, as well? Heck, she's GOT to be a LOT easier on the eyes than most of the other mugs we see out here! (Yeah, yeah, yeah....Speaking for myself....Bla, bla, bla....)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Welcome aboard, Jessica. This is a great place to hang out and learn.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

"Hello" back to you, Jessica!! I'm really glad you joined us as I suspect you can add some interesting perspectives, both from your experiences along the way and your own interests in design.

And no question, please show up at Bill's pik-a-nik! (And drag your father and brother along, too...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...