Thread: Jet DC-1200C vs Grizzly G0548 ??

Jet DC-1200C vs Grizzly G0548 ??

I have a small shop and want to purchase a 2hp dust collector. I will have all 6" ducts. I was going to purchase the JetDC-1200c then looked at the Grizzly G0548 and now don't know which to buy. Both seem like a good choice. Jet claims 1200 cfm and Grizzly 1700 cfm. Both are 220v and have 12" impellers. The Grizzly appears to have a more solid stand with the steel intake attached to the base vs the flexable duct on the Jet. The Grizzly has a 1 micron canister filter vs the 2 micron on the Jet. Looks as if I can buy the Jet for 499.00 with free shipping and the Grizzly for 495.00 and 58.00 shipping. Price is close, so I just want the best unit in this price range. Any comments would be very helpful. Thanks

2. Wink

Hello Patrick,

.... I have the Jet DC-1100C, 2 micron canister, but if I had it to do all over again I think I would be inclined to go with the Griz.

.... Good luck on your choice .

Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Montag
    I have a small shop and want to purchase a 2hp dust collector. I will have all 6" ducts. I was going to purchase the JetDC-1200c then looked at the Grizzly G0548 and now don't know which to buy. Both seem like a good choice. Jet claims 1200 cfm and Grizzly 1700 cfm. Both are 220v and have 12" impellers. The Grizzly appears to have a more solid stand with the steel intake attached to the base vs the flexable duct on the Jet. The Grizzly has a 1 micron canister filter vs the 2 micron on the Jet. Looks as if I can buy the Jet for 499.00 with free shipping and the Grizzly for 495.00 and 58.00 shipping. Price is close, so I just want the best unit in this price range. Any comments would be very helpful. Thanks
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 03-06-2005 at 9:44 PM.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

Purchased the Grizzly

I purchased the Grizzly. Thanks for your input!

4. Thumbs up

.... Patrick you're more than welcome. I like the idea that the Griz is a 1 micron canister rather than the jet which is 2 microns. When I looked at the Griz it was brand new and a bit less expensive than it is now. And, of course, with the increase in the cost of gas that does not help matters.

Good luck on your new Griz .

Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Montag
    I purchased the Grizzly. Thanks for your input!
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    I've had the 1200C since NOV and couldn't ask for more in my small shop. Have short direct runs to the machines now but designing a duct system for a future install. Very happy camper

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=114583#post114583
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/