Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubber tile shop floor, installed w/ PICs

Very nice Mark, I like your outrigger storage as well.............Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Denovich View Post
    it's an artifact of using an extreme wide angle lens...
    Ha! I should have noticed. I was so focused on the width of the table that I didn't even notice the distorted vac and rail. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Let me know if you have any extra!
    I do. But my friends have already called dibs on them... that's if I don't decide to do the garage floor too while I'm at it.

Like Todd in the message below, I got mine from an exercise studio. I was a bit worried that they might smell... but thankfully, it was a women-only place, and they must have kept it pretty clean. But they still got a thorough scrubbing with the purple simple green before they came inside. It worked... surprisingly they don't even smell like rubber. No smell at all.

I had a set of the foam ones... ($10 from Harbor Freight) they aren't bad. But being lightweight they don't stay put/lay perfectly flat. They are harder to sweep too. I have a set that I use any time I'm under a car, or laying on the driveway for some reason. They aren't pretty, but they beat cold, gritty pavement any day. I also use a set of pads when I'm moving furniture or machinery as padding or to keep things from getting scuffed up by the straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Very nice Mark, I like your outrigger storage as well.............Regards, Rod.
    I need to come up with something more sophisticated... it's being held up by two giant washer head spax screws. I only got the wall up a few days before the floor went in. Figuring out a good place to stash the tenoning shroud and mortising attachment is going to take a bit more thought. (stuck behind my workbench at the moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Russell View Post
    Do you think it helps/hurts having laid that over a subfloor vs bare concrete.
    In my case, I really didn't have a choice. My floor was way too far from being flat. I think you can install over bare concrete... although I suspect you might want/need to do something to control moisture. The subfloor takes care of the moisture... There is plenty of air space underneath to help it stay dry. I had already epoxy painted the concrete years ago... that helps any spills find the drain quickly and seems to keep moisture from seeping up through the concrete too. The other bonus of the subfloor is that at least in the center I'm able to run a fat armored cable under the floor to my Minimax, so I'm not having to worry about tripping over the cord.

Another one in the plus column for this floor: as I often do, I found myself sitting or kneeling on the floor while I was assembling something. It's much nicer on the rear and on the knees than the plywood was. Plus it seems to be much easier to get completely clean. The plywood (which I had painted with exterior grade porch paint) always seemed to have a film of fine dust, no matter how well I swept. Hopefully, I can keep it that way.