Thread: Grizzley G0440 Cyclone ?

Grizzley G0440 Cyclone ?

I bought a Grizzley G0440: 2hp Cyclone about 5 yrs ago, installed it with 6" piping and 4"drops.
    Worked great. I had to break it down about a 1 1/2years ago and am in the process of setting
    it back up in my new (smaller) location. I had forgotten that, it appears I may have gotten an
    inlet body from a G0441 mislabled as the G0440? the inlet is 8". The motor assembly is 2hp and
    outlet/ piping/ filter are 7". Should this help, hurt, or have no effect on the units performance?
    This forum has a lot of dust collection experts and inquiring mind want to know?

Just reduce it down to six. No harm, no foul. Dave

I would also reduce the inlet down to 7" or 6" (what ever size your main will be), but I would first run the existing 8" diameter for at least 2' from the inlet to avoid additional turbulence at the inlet.

Paul

I may not have been clear previously. The outlet at 7" is fine and should remain so. The inlet needs to be reduced as the unit will not support an 8" main. I would use a long tapered reducer. Dave

I will see what I can fab up. May give Sharaz/ Grizzley tech support a call and see what help they can offer.
    Thanks for the advice.

Don't know the system, but it also sounds like four inch drops are likely to be pretty restrictive (@ one drop/machine i.e. before splits for top guards and the like, one machine at a time), although if the machine hoods are very restrictive it may not be that evident...

The other factor is the total pressure drop of the system, or more specifically the length of the ducting runs, and the number of bends. The shorter the better at 2hp (like maybe 10ft or so), or the resistance to flow could leave the CFM marginal..

ian