Thread: Odorless MS

Odorless MS

I need some mineral spirits. At the local store that I usually but things like that they only have the odorless type. I was wondering if there was a difference other than the smell? I feel that it probably has something to do with the VOC content.
    Last edited by Fred Belknap; 12-01-2011 at 4:03 PM.
    Fred

As far as I know there isn't any difference in functionality. I have been using odorless for years, and I haven't noticed any oddities or changes from the stinky stuff.

-Hutch

3. Ordorless is all I use...........works for me.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Thanks guys I got a can of the odorless today. I guess the regular is no longer available. I guess there is a reason but it escapes me, maybe just the smell.
    Fred

I've been using Klean-Strip odorless and natural MS for a while now and it works well. No smell and I don't have to worry too much about the the hounds getting into it.

Just remember that the fumes from "odorless" mineral spirits are just as toxic as the stinky kind!
    David DeCristoforo

Odorless mineral spirits? Stinky Maple??? What's the world coming to? Hopefully Odorless Maple will be available soon!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

I ran out of MS a couple months back and when I went to the borg to get more they were out. I was looking for a substitute and noticed that the Klean-Strip paint thinner indicated on the label that it was made from MS so I got it. It seems to smell and function very similar to MS, I wonder what the difference is other then packaging and price?

"The best things in life are not things."

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    I ran out of MS a couple months back and when I went to the borg to get more they were out. I was looking for a substitute and noticed that the Klean-Strip paint thinner indicated on the label that it was made from MS so I got it. It seems to smell and function very similar to MS, I wonder what the difference is other then packaging and price?
    James, if you look the product up online it has to have a MSDS in which all the ingredients have to be listed etc. Probably the best way to find out for sure
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein