Thread: All season radials?

All season radials?

I've got to get new tires on our 2005 Honda Odyssey. I would like some all season's because we live in snow country. What do you all recommend? Anything to stay away from?

Thanks!

Jon
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

What size?

As a Colorado guy living at 8200' I suggest all terrain tires. Much better in snow & mud than all season tires. We swap out the all season in the beginning of winter for all terrain & switch back to all season come spring. Check tirerak.com for great buys, reasonable shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon McElwain View Post
    I've got to get new tires on our 2005 Honda Odyssey. I would like some all season's because we live in snow country. What do you all recommend? Anything to stay away from?

Thanks!

Jon
    get proper snow tires...much better than all season for snowy and icy conditions. the all terrain tires are made for trucks and pickups.

I've had real good results with the Goodyear Assurance Tripltred. They're great for when it snows and melts as it does in your neck of the woods.
    Great traction in snow and rain, plus handling is nice, and no hydro-planing. I had them on my Ford Contour.
    http://www.goodyear.com/tires/assurance-triple-tred
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Michelin LTX M/S. That is all I have ever put on my AWD Safari vans over the years. And I pull a snowmobile trailer up into Michigan snow country. They are great year around tires.

If you can afford it, by all means install Bridgstone Blizzaks. They are really great in the winter months. Check Tire Rack's feedback info these.
    Mac

Blog Entries
    We like the Kelly Navigator Gold tires for all weather on our Mazda 6 (about the same size as an Accord). They have good traction excellent wear and they are quiet on the road. I've had them on two different cars now and really like them. We replaced Michelin tires on our current car with them. The Michelins were terrible in snow and on open grate bridges.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Try a set of Cooper CS4 all season tires, great tire for the money and excellent in snow.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I've had real good results with the Goodyear Assurance Tripltred.

I had heard about these tires before. I had some Michelin X-Ice xi2 on our Subaru before and they were amazing in the snow. Every bit as good as a dedicated snow tire. From what I found about the Goodyear Triple Tread, they are as good or better than the Michelin, plus double the mileage warranty. Anyway, I went with the Goodyear Triple Tread - I like them a lot. Amazing what a new set of tires does to your ride!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply with suggestions - it really helped!

Jon
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll