Thread: Can You Lick This?

Blog Entries

Can You Lick This?

13 counties in Michigan have received new sno-cone machines to aid in the war on terrorism.

That is not bad enough. It appears they have overpaid for the darned things.

http://thedailynews.cc/2011/12/03/mo...-cone-machine/

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim, your sig line seems appropriate to the situation..
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Sad isn't it? This kind of stuff doesn't seem outrageous to me anymore....

I have always suspected that snow cone machines discouraged any terrorist activity.

My tiny little town has only two, and we have had no terror attacks here at all.......

Larry

Well, hey, it can be used to make ice in case of emergency. I was on the UP just a couple of years ago, and I remember thinking to myself, "You know, Michigan could sure use more ice."

I'll have to see if Livingston county got one. The snow machines on Mt. Brighton might not be able to keep up with the demand of ice bags, if there ever is a demand.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

That same machine has been one of Amazon's cyber/flurry/lightening deals for about $300 since the week of Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    Well, hey, it can be used to make ice in case of emergency.
    From looking at the specs on the machine, that is the most repeated fallacy for the justification of buying these machines.

They grind ice, they do not have a refrigeration unit to freeze water or even to keep the ice cold once it is ground.

My cynicism comes from working in a public agency where the managers grabbed at anti-terrorism funding and bought bright yellow vests for all the workers. The idea was that terrorist would flee in fear when they saw people in vests. All of the workers who had to wear them felt like they were targets on their backs. They were also hot and very uncomfortable. Finally a judge decided management could not require workers to wear them if they were not in a job that required safety clothing.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 12-09-2011 at 1:36 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Maybe there's some new interrogation method; repeated ice-cream headaches during questioning?

It could have been one of the plot lines not picked up for Jack Bauer on 24. Still they're no less useful than the TSA gimcracks.
    Now, if you could combine these with a full-body scanner that did analysis and cranked out the optimal flavor - I would start flying again!

Were these bought to 'Ice' the bad guys?
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it