Thread: Unisaw - router table duplicity

Unisaw - router table duplicity

Hello all,
    I have a Unisaw, and want to install my new fancy Woodpeckers lift/PC7518 router combo on it, frankly to save space since the saw and 52" extension take up a LOT of space. Is there a "best" solution? I was initially planning on routing out a hole to the right of the saw in the extension table, but the extension table is in need of replacement. The Brett guard precludes putting the router on the far right of the table. I am considering getting Woodpecker's extension table replacement ---- and then perhaps the fence system. Any experience out there?
    Thanks,
    Geoff

Here is what I did. I still need to make the fence which is in Wood Magazine's November 2004 issue.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15977

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=16123
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Left or right ----

Hello, and thank you for the reply. I knew someone else had done it (many times) but figured it would take me forever to get to the right thread.

Do you think that having it in the middle of the table would be problematic, compared to the left side as you have it? Woodpeckers sells both tables, and I need to replace the right extension anyway. I think I could move the cast iron extension over to the right side.

I bought this 4 year old,3 hp 220v saw used, with the Biesemeyer 52" fence, new Brett guard, and an extra new blade from a local cabinet shop for $900. A mobile base and this extension set it up for a good price, eh?

By the way, I appreciated that you to the LOML; this assures all the tools you could ever need!!
    Geoff

Geoffrey

Think about running your material across the router table the same way you would if you were running material across a jointer. You'll have more control if you can stand right next to the material your running through the router table. This is the reason shapers are designed the way they are.

Control of the material & safety go hand in hand.

My saw will probably eventually have my Exaktor guard & DC system on it but first I want to move some lights on my ceiling so I can mount it on the ceiling like I had it for the other saw. I also want to re-make the guard so it is all lexon & no metal corners. The way is is now makes it hard to see what is going on.

With the router table on the left I will able to rout material & without disturbing the router table fence I can still cut material provided it isn't to wide & the guard won't be disturbed either.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen