Thread: Metabo KGS 216 vs Dewalt DW777

Blog Entries

Metabo KGS 216 vs Dewalt DW777

I'd like to hear opinions on these two saw's, mostly for fine joint quality cuts. (I know it has a lot to do with the blade). I'll be buying this week.

I doubt if most of us have seen either saw in the US. Those appear to be European models which aren't available here. Having said that, those both look like decent saws. The 160mm (8 1/2") blade is a bit smaller than what we normally use and will somewhat limit your crosscutting capability. The trade off is that you should be great accuracy with the smaller blade.

I see that the Dewalt has a bigger motor. That's never a bad thing, and might tip the scales in favor of that saw. I would still try out each saw if possible before I decided. Some compound miter saws operate much more smoothly than others. If there is any roughness in the travel as you extend the saw on it's rails, it will leave a rough cut.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I guess I'll have to make the trip to the store to try it out. I don't need thick crosscutting, I can't Imagine needing more than 90mm for furniture, so the added blade stability seems great for me. the 10" models will cost me double, so 8 1/2" is in any case my option. thanks again