Thread: Small cherry vessel with a small change on the rim for me.

Small cherry vessel with a small change on the rim for me.

Here's a smaller cherry vessel 9 1/2" tall X 5" dia. with a little different top on it for me. I added a bead on the rim this time just for something different. I don't think it works though. I don't really care for it .What are your thoughts ?

Like I recently told Baxter in a recent post sometimes it's good to try out different forms just for the fun of it even if they don't always work.
    DSC_0862.jpg DSC_0852.jpg

Joe, I think it would look better tucked under the rim a bit. Seems a little prominent. BTW, how do you turn such a diminutive piece of that humongous equipment of yours!!! Must be quite an effort!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Joe, I think it would look better tucked under the rim a bit. Seems a little prominent. BTW, how do you turn such a diminutive piece of that humongous equipment of yours!!! Must be quite an effort!
    Thanks for your comments John. I actually turn a lot of small 3" to 10" vessels I just don't usually post them here. I like doing the Larger pieces but a lot of them are a year plus in the making so I do smaller pieces in between.

Joe, my first impression of the bead was that it made it look like there was an insert that had been put into the vase that didn't quite fit. I think that was due to the color change at that point. If the color hadn't changed at exactly that point, my perception of it might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Smith View Post
    Joe, my first impression of the bead was that it made it look like there was an insert that had been put into the vase that didn't quite fit. I think that was due to the color change at that point. If the color hadn't changed at exactly that point, my perception of it might be different.

Baxter I see what you mean. I did put a fine gold line between what would normally would have been the top rim and the bead to try to separate it from the rim.
    I'm thinking that maybe if I had made the bead a little smaller in dia. than the rim it might have looked better.