Thread: Corel ? Text on a line

Corel ? Text on a line

In Corel when placing text on a line I am doing fine BUT.

How about when you have a circle or oval as in a seal and you want the text on both the upper and lower parts to read right side up?

When it loops around to the bottom the text goes upside down. I have been getting around this by putting a small arc on the botton and fitting the text to that but there must be a easy way to right side up the lower text.

There is a toolbar that shows up if you have all of it selected after you fit the text to a path. You can follow the line of the circle any way you like, just fix those settings to your choice.

To get the toolbar to show up you cantype the text and the click Text on the file menu, and then fit to path. then click somewhere else on the screen and go back and click on the text and that toolbar will show up.

If I'm not making sense just let me know... i can give you a screen shot to show what I do when I have this problem.
    For everything you have missed, you have gained something else.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

After you "fit text to path", click the node on your text and drag it around the path. A window on the properties bar at the top of the screen should open where you can select whether you want the text above, below, or on the line. At the end of the properties bar, there is a hand icon which when clicked, flips the text rightside up. Then choose in the previous window which side of the line you want the text on.

What a Great Place! Good info in no time at all!

Great advice and very quick. Much better than a help desk in India.

Maybe Dell should look into moving their help desk to Sawmill Creek.

When I need text to be right side up on top and bottom of a circle, I use the following method. I use Corel Draw 9 by the way but I’m sure this will work in 9 and up.

Draw the circle then fit the lower text to the path. It will of course fit to the top of the circle, to move it to the bottom click the desktop then click the text again. The property bar will change to the path editing tools.

The third from left will put the text on the bottom. All the way to the right is a strange looking icon that will flip the text upright. The second from left will put the text inside or outside the circle but keep it right side up.

Now use Arrange/separate to separate the text from the control ellipse. If you don’t separate the text and control ellipse, when you add the upper text the lower will behave very strangely indeed. Now you can fit the top text to the path.

Once you have separated text from it’s path, it won’t retain the paths properties so make sure you have it where you want it.

Hope this helps more than confuses,

Michael
    70 watt Epilog Legend 24
    Bought new in December 2002

Pete,
    When you haver your graphic and your text selected, the "property" bar should change to give you options for "text on a path". The far right icon on the property bar will allow you to invert your text above or below the line.
    I hope this helps answer your question

Chuck Burke
    American Pacific Awards.