Thread: Corian adhesive question

Corian adhesive question

I was wondering what the cure time is for corian type adhesives? I just fabbed my first undermount sinks to a top and want to know whaen i can take off the clamps!

Thanks,
    Nick

I don't know the exact time, but it's fairly quick. I'd think 1 hour would be plenty of time. Anything more would be fine.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Nick,

Depending on the temperature your adhesive should be set in about 45 minutes, thats the time I allow when I use Dupont adhesive in the shop at 65 to 70 degrees F.

BTW, call your local Dupont distributor and ask him for a Dupont Installers Manual. They give it away for free on CD and it has a wealth of information. If you can't get one contact me.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-17-2011 at 10:05 PM.