Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Humble Pie".........thought for the day

I think Roger's and Keaton's post hit the nail on the head. It's been a long time since a few bad threads have popped up here. Within the last week, 2 of them that really got under my skin. There are plenty of sites on the net where you can be nasty to each other, SMC has not been that place.

It's good to agree to disagree and have debate. Listen, learn and share knowledge. If we don't do that, our craft will die.

I have found that crow needs a little more salt. I had a big humble/crow pie last week. Sometimes it is a little hard to swallow. I think we all have had our share. I find myself at this forum more than any other and am glad to see the Christmas spirit in full stride. Merry Christmas everybody. Russell

i agree wholeheartedly with what Russell said

Merry Christmas to all

I guess the bottom line is that almost every shape or idea has been turned to some concept or another. This is no different then the music industry there are only so many notes and so many combinations then things start to look or sound the same. I believe that if someone has a unique trademark or embellishment that out of respect for that person we do our own unique signature. A good example is the videos by Capneddie he puts 3 bands on all pens he makes this is his signature be unique put 4 or better yet do something else be yourself show your unique talent as when this thread started "we will find solace in the fact that grace and mercy from God always "turns" us into better people" then is that not true when we put our tools on our piece of work we should not also find enjoyment in what we have created also? To all Posters here and on this site have a blessed and Merry Christmas and remember why we celebrate this season.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

And the Merriest of Christmas's to you and your family Craig!!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots