Thread: Kanaduct

Kanaduct

I have emailed several suppliers who want to sell me 100' of this shape changing PVC duct when I just need about 6'. It is pretty cool beans and allows one to change the diameter by twisting it and to maintain the shape of a bend without a lot of external support.

Does anyone have experience with this product or can steer me to a vendor who does not expect a 100' minimum order.

Check it out.

http://www.kanaflexcorp.com/hose_pro...tail.php?id=39

I don't know if it's Kanaflex or not, but McMaster-Carr has a product that looks the same:

www.mcmaster.com/#duct-hose/

Look for "Adjustable-Diameter Duct for Fumes." They sell it in 5 foot increments.

D.

I'd be curious how this type of hose does with a DC hooked up to it. Think it would automatically reduce size?

This is a great lead. Thank you. I will find out if it can handle material. Some duct specified for fumes don't do material. But this is what I think I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Case LR View Post
    I don't know if it's Kanaflex or not, but McMaster-Carr has a product that looks the same:

www.mcmaster.com/#duct-hose/

Look for "Adjustable-Diameter Duct for Fumes." They sell it in 5 foot increments.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I'd be curious how this type of hose does with a DC hooked up to it. Think it would automatically reduce size?
    The description says it takes a two-handed twist to change size. My gut says it wouldn't move on its own.

D.