Thread: Delta T2 Table Saw Fence

Delta T2 Table Saw Fence

I don't have the model number handy, but I have the Craftsman Contractor Table Saw made for them by Emerson (Ridgid). Anyone have any idea what it takes to install a Delta T2 fence on that model? My local Lowes has them in stock and I'm thinking $150 might be worth it to improve my life until I can afford the Incra TS III combo I actually want!

Blog Entries
    There was a thread on here about the problems with the T-2 front rail mounting. I would contact Delta and get buy-off that this will work on your specific model. The other member who posted was having real problems.

Ah, here it is: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=Fence
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 02-11-2008 at 5:50 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks for the link. My model saw is much newer. Just eyeballing things in the store, my tables don't appear to be thinner than the Delta saws, i was more concerned with the mounting holes. I can always drill new holes, but I'm always eager to avoid work

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    There was a thread on here about the problems with the T-2 front rail mounting. I would contact Delta and get buy-off that this will work on your specific model. The other member who posted was having real problems.

Ah, here it is: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=Fence
    I'd be amazedif Delta would "buy off" on any application other than the Delta saws that they market that fence for. So don't waste your time.

If you follow the link that Glenn provides, you'll see that the T2 fence can be installed on the C-man saws, but you will need to drill your own holes in both the rails and the edge of the saw top. And you will need to use smaller fasteners (1/4-20 instead of the provided M8) and be carefull when you lay out the hole locations.

When I first took the fence rails out of the box, I had concerns about making it work. Jeff Miller responded showing me how he did it, and I followed suit and had no problems. It took the better part of a day to do both the front and rear rails, but I work slow. I could do it again in half the time.

You will be drilling quite a few holes through the steel rails and cast iron top, so be sure you have some drill bits that are sharp and up to the task.

At $150 the T-2 is the value leader. The Bies is probably a bit easier to install due to the way they contour the front rail around the miter gage slots, but it is 3x more expensive.

If you don't mind taking some time fitting it to the saw, the T2 is a good economical fence. If the relatively involved installation concerns you, then one of the more expensive fences may be more to your liking.

Hope this helps. And thanks again to Jeff Miller for his help.

-Tom H.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Henderson2 View Post
    I'd be amazedif Delta would "buy off" on any application other than the Delta saws that they market that fence for. So don't waste your time.
    From Delta's website regarding their fence:

"Universal mounting design for attaching to almost any table saw including Delta Contractor's Saws . . . "

But you're right, their site is amazingly weak anymore.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Hello , This is my first post here so be kind . I have the T2 fence . I read all the posts on fences I could find after buying a used Grizzly TSC 10 (any info ?) table saw with the old tube rail fence that was WAY out of straight . I had to drill 2 holes in the wings (actually , more like make the old holes slots as the new fence holes were about 1/8~1/4" off ) . Cast iron , so it drills easily . Any way , it's a great fence , lines up true and straight every time so far (only about 2 weeks ) .
    Here's a link about it going on a old Craftsman .

http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/Jamie/blog/series/433

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    Ok here's how I did it on my Craftsman.
    These are the bolts , I used 10- 1/4" spaced out so I had flat spot on the table saw side(where the nut's going to tighten up)

I measured over 5 1\2" from the blade to the right this is where you want zero to line up on the measuring tape on the guide tube, I temporally bolted it to the angle iron and held it up to that mark, thats where you want to bolt it on (double check so the little line on the fence will be right on)

This is how I measured how far down to keep angle iron,7\8" for the front 5\8" for the back rail

I used 5\16" bolts in the back but drilled the hole two sizes bigger in case I wanted to raise or lower it a little bit.

In the directions it says to use the allen screws to adjust the fence for parallel to miter slots, I didn't,when I bolted the guide tube on I put all the bolts in and pulled the guide tube away from the saw as far as it would go then snugged up the one on the right, put the fence on and clamped next to a miter slot then tapped the guide tube one way or another to get the fence parallel and then tightened the left,right then the rest of the bolts. I thought that was easier than taking the fence off and on using the allen screws for adjustment.

You need a countersink bit for the screws in front or use like a 1\2" bit might work.

Hope all of this made sense
    I really like it so far , once I got the pointer fine tuned it will cut within .002 thou. If I use my glasses
    This is the finished product

JEFF

Delta T2 Fence on Grizzly TSC 10 Saw

Hi All,

Back in 2008, Jim Richards mentioned putting a Delta T2 fence on a Grizzly TSC 10 saw. I have that saw as well and it is time to do something about the fence.

I have tried PMing Jim but I have gotten no reply. Have any of you put this on a Grizzly saw or do any of you personally know Jim such that you can send him an email?

Since I know this can be done, I really would like to hear firsthand what I am up against in terms of drilling and taping. Since experience is what you get AFTER you need it, I am hoping that someone here can help me avoid that situation.

Thanks,

Paul

Blog Entries
    I put a T2 on an '80s era C'man TS. It takes some fiddling but it works great. I had to add some lexan under the fence at the back to make a slide for it on the TS top. Couldn't mount the back rail on my saw.

Funny thing is that during the mounting I moved the switch on the TS which is position sensitive (warning is on the bottom of th switch ) and ended up burning up my motor which was direct drive. Long story short - bought a Grizzly G0661 TS and converted the C'man table to a router table and it still has the T2 on it.

Delta T2 on Grizzly

Thanks Jim. Like many woodworkers, I would love to have a better saw but space and budget realities have a way of bringing one's wishes back down to earth.

I have no complaints about this Grizzly saw. It took some work to assemble it years ago and the stand did not go together nearly as well as the Grizzly band saw I purchased a year ago. But the saw works well.

Someone on CL was selling a Biesemeyer fence recently and I almost went for it but it was still considerably more money than a new T2 so I had to pass.

Hopefully I will hear more about actually putting this fence on the saw that I have. Grizzly says I should have little trouble putting a Shop Fox or a Delta fence on the saw as they still think fondly of my old beast.

Paul

Blog Entries
    I just re-read the thread and realized that the original part of it was from 2008. So, I don't know if I helped you much since I mounted my T2 on a C'man. I don't see any reason why you couldn't put it on a Grizzly and it is a great fence. You just may have to fiddle with it to get it just right.

Looks good.