Thread: Clear Vue Cyclone

Clear Vue Cyclone

Anyone running the Clear Vue Cyclone in their shop? How do you like it? I understand the original owner's had great customer service. How is customer service under the new owners? Any information would be appreciated.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

I have an older (first owner era) model. Great unit. Had to call to get some advice on an "issue" during assembly and the current owner was excellent; even though he knew
    this is not a unit he sold he went beyond my expectation, finding Ed (the original owner) to ask the issue and then calling me back to give the proper advice. All went very well.
    To me it seems they are great to deal with. I haven't put a lot of dust through it yet (set it up fairly recently) but it SUCKS (in a good way!).

I love mine and would purchase it again. I also have their Ridgid shop vac conversion which I love, and is sadly no longer available as far as I know. Their new blase gates are very good, far better than the originals. The cleanout you can now get is suspiciously similar to one I described to Ed in an e-mail a couple of years back and suggested he offer. There's a completely wired electrical box available now if you're not comfortable wiring.

After struggling for a bit to get the stupid trash can lid to work properly, specifically to get the foam weather stripping to stay put, I tossed the lid and simply cut a hole in a piece of plywood. I caulked in the flexible hose, lined the bottom of the plywood with weatherstripping, and voila'! Instant trash can lid top and it took about 5 minutes to make.

Top notch customer service and product. I would not hesitate to do business with them again or to recommend a family member to them. You will find a lot of threads on this site pertaining to CV company and products.

I've just finished building and installing a system. In my case a DIY cyclone to Bill Pentz's drawing, but using a Clear Vue impeller and blower housing bought from Ed. it's early days, but it all seems to work as per. There's been many examples of the system installed - both via the DIY route, and via the bought route from Clear Vue. There seems to be pretty much no negative comment about.

The defining characteristic of those involved has to my mind been a willingness to be led by the engineering, and a genuine wish to make a high performance system available to the customer at moderate money. i.e. for the right reasons.

The signs are that the new guys understand the value of this reputation, and are committed to maintaining it....

ian

I don't know when they changed ownership. I bought one of the Max units, on their fathersday special earlier in the year. They held the unit for me for a good 5 months for me as I was in the process of moving to a new house, any one less thing to worry about made it easier for me. They shipped it out to a UPS store as I live in Canada. And any time I have had questions, they were always there to answer and help me out. I'd recommend them in a blink of an eye.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    I bought mine from the original owner(s) ... needed a replacement part recently, and was treated very nicely. No complaints from me.

I too have one of the early units from Ed. While Ed and Matt's customer service is second to no one, the new owners seem to have the same mentality, and are taking care of customers in the same manner that Ed and Matt did. The cyclone is simply amazing. It does what it says it will do, and for a lot less money than the other brands for the same performance. Get it, you won't be disappointed. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

No complaints here

I bought the mini cyclone and the big 1800 as well from the original owner. Had a follow up technical question and the new owner went above and beyond - no complaints here either...

I have the CV1800 for a few years now and I am very pleased with it (bought from the original owners). The new owners, the Bushy's, seem to be trying hard to provide similar customer service while improving their product line. When they first took over from the Morganos, I got an email questionnaire from them seeking product feedback and my thoughts about how to improve their business. Lo, and behold, there are now new products, better install instructions, a more up to date website and in my case very positive feedback to my constructive comments. Yrs, I continue to do business with them.

Paul

I have had one for four years or so. My only complaints are the time to build if you add painting and the electrics. The machine works well, but if I were to do it again, I would probably end up with an Oneida or Felder unit.

Great product, fair price, and great customer service from both Ed and the new owner, a pleasure to do business with.

OTOH, I called Onieda 3x for a problem, they promise a tech will call me back, never get a return call....

My next cyclone will be a ClearVue.... from the look of this thread, ClearVue is "clearly" doing a great job with there products and customer service....

Thanks to all poster to this thread. Its been very helpful.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Does anyone have the new mini cyclone and can they comment on its quality and performance

regards Brian