Thread: Question on already viewed threads

Blog Entries

Question Question on already viewed threads

it used to be that after I looked at a thread I would go back & the thread I just looked at & it would be either in a lighter shade or in a box (I can't remember which) so it was easy to find where I had been & proceed to scroll through the other threads to see what I might be interested in. The lighter shade or box is no longer there. Any ideas on how I might get it back?
    Thanks
    Dennis

They still show lighter for me - non-read threads are dark and bold.

Perhaps you've disabled cookies? I think that is how it works.

There are certain times when you back out of a post, particularly multi-page,
    it will not indicate that it is read.

Mine never shows read until I reload the page, backing out never changes my display.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a little louder this time.
    "CHANGE THE COLORS OF THE ICONS".
    Do you people think no one is color blind?
    There needs to be more contrast between them.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Myk,

The color template here is pleasing to the eye. Even so there is no possible way we could select a color template that everyone would approve of here.
    I use about four different computers to visit The Creek. All of them provide a nice color contrast except one which is probably due to the video driver and card but the contrast/colors here on that particular machine is horrible.

My only suggestion is that you try adjusting your machine, at least try another computer to see if the appearance is more suitable. If you really are color blind I expect black and white would be best for you, however tens of thousands of people would be terribly upset if we made that drastic of a change.

I am willing to entertain suggestions but please understand that we cannot spend a considerable amount of man-hours customizing our software and I doubt we could all agree on a color scheme that was pleasing to the eye when viewed by every video card and in every browser and in multiple operating systems.

Set up themes that we could pick from.
    It has nothing to do with my computers. I'm very familiar with how to set them up.
    This is the ONLY forum I visit that I have the problem, so it isn't on my end.
    Ask Jackie her thoughts. She told in a PM a while back that she also has problems.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night