Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My finest humidor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    Now I have to build another one in Koa.

Here we go again.

How about a blow by blow pictorial for the next master piece? And try to okay a sticky from the Sawmill Creek Gods?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Amazing job ..........MB
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box

The whole state of Hawaii will be waiting to see what you do with their wood.

I think just about all the one's I've seen you make had a shot at "finest yet". Excuisite!

btw, Santa brought me a set of Scotch glasses and 35 Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real's!!

I'd love to see the process you follow to create these awesome boxes. I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm more on the macro states of my woodworking progress.

Blog Entries
    Now you're talkin!!! Nice job |Santa. My client that I made this for sent me a box of cigars as a tip from the ISOM (Island South Of Miami) Not sure what they are yet, the bands are on their way from Santa. To guess I'd say Cohiba Siglo VI Grand Reserva but I'll know later when the mail gets here.

I'm really going totry to take pictures along the way on the next one. Maybe write a book some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    I think just about all the one's I've seen you make had a shot at "finest yet". Excuisite!

btw, Santa brought me a set of Scotch glasses and 35 Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real's!!
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 12-28-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I'm bummed, I can't see the pictures for some reason? Anyone have an idea, I see every other threads pictures? I'm gettitng the box with red X in it.

Blog Entries
    My pictures are added by using picture trail. I can't figure out the new photo system here. Not sure if there's anything necessary to to see photos from there. Try going to www.picturetrail.com you can down load it for free.
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 12-28-2011 at 7:26 PM.

Absolutely beautiful Bill. If you only had time to building two last year, this one was certainly worthy of being one of them. Great job on the book matching of the veneer on the lid. Like the banding around the lid and side panels. The detailed corner work is excellent as well and with noted credits. What did you use for a finish?
    The photography looks fine to me. You tend to get a little better lighting if you bounce you flash off the ceiling or use a diffuser of some sort.
    Randy
    Retired and Lovin it

Blog Entries
    Thanks Randy, I gave up on wood finishes to get a high gloss finish. I use advantage 545 high solids catalyzed automotive clear coat. It's about 5 times more expensive but it's 10 times faster. It also builds in 3 or 4 coats as opposed to 10 coats of lacquer. It sands and polishes out so much easier too.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! I'm sorry, I don't even know where to begin to say anything else. Wow!
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Beautiful work, Bill.

Regards, Colin
    Where's the beef.

Phenominal Bill! Your work always amazes me.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Blog Entries
    Thanks again my friends. I'll be working on another one starting next weekend. This time in some beautiful Koa. It's for one of my veneer suppliers.

Bill, I don't get over in the Project's Forum often, but stopped by and noticed this thread!! This is an unbelievable piece! Just some fantastic work - you are a Master Craftsman, without doubt!