Thread: Festool Multi-Function Table

Festool Multi-Function Table

I'm thinking about using the Festool $25 promotional rebate to buy a multi-function table. I just watched the online video and it sure looks impressive. I searched the forums (fora?) but couldn't find a discussion of the pros and cons of the MFT. Anyone care to weigh in with an opinion? Is it better to buy the smaller table or the bigger one?

Jack

Here's some information

Hi

I decided to buy the larger table, simply because I figured, if I had the space and could afford the cost, the larger table would be more versatile. I haven't been disappointed.

Here is a link which will give you more information

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fest-10.htm

Jay

Jack,

I also have the larger MFT table. It's very handy for cutting and assembly. The 20mm holes give you a lot of flexibility as far as holding items and making jigs. The table with the saw or router wil change the way you do a lot of woodworking.

In my reading of the rebate form, it appears it's only for power tools, so I'm not sure if the MFT or other accessories qualify. Check with your ISA.

Another review of the MFT is at http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/festool_mft1.htm.

Jerry Work also did a pretty comprehensive MFT owners manual "Getting the most from your MFT Table" that is available on the Festool site. Suggest you also read it because it gave me a lot of ideas as well.

Good luck,

Neil

[QUOTE=Neil Clemmons]Jack,

In my reading of the rebate form, it appears it's only for power tools, so I'm not sure if the MFT or other accessories qualify. Check with your ISA.

Accessories don't qualify for the rebates, only tools, but the MFT is considered a tool.

Bob
    bob m

Where does one get the Festool $25 promotional rebate? I don't see it on the Festoolusa.com site.

Thanks, Rick

Jack, I have the MFT (bigger one) and love it. I was sceptical about it at first when I first started learning about Festool, but after seening Bob use his, it was a no-brainer to put one in my shop. It's now my main crosscutting station for panels...that whole wall-hung bookshelf I recently build and posted about was cut out on the MFT. To date, I've used it with both the saw and the routers. (And just to be sure it gets full use, it's "conveniently located" near my lathe and often provides quick access to the tools I'm using for a particular turning project )
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You buy the tool first, then fill out the rebate form and send it in with a copy of the receipt and the serial number of the tool. The rebate form is downloaded from a site that can be obtained from a Festool Distributor.

Jack, I have the larger table and it is the HUB of my shop. Here is thread that shows one use of the MFT: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17202

I don't find the larger table to be very portable and am thinking about buying the smaller table for off-site work.

I think the larger table is the way to go, unless you are concerned about portability. I bought one MFT1080 earlier this year, and am adding a second one to make a larger work surface. The tables can be connected using an accessory from Festool. These guys think of everything!!! For more MFT ideas, look at Jerry Work's manual called, "Getting the most from the MFT Multi-Function Table" at this site:

http://www.festoolusa.com/woodworking.aspx