Thread: Rescued oops...

Rescued oops...

Firstly, they aren't my "oops's"... My turning mate Jon had a couple of blowouts a few weeks back, and when I went to visit, they were on his firewood pile... Being nosey, I picked them up, and he said "Oh, they're nothing really, I was just faffing". He caught the small one as he was parting off, and the big one was bone dry, and decided to explode mid way through a roughing cut. I've butchered them into shape, and returned them - one for his wife (a flour scoop):-
    rescued oops 02.jpg

and one for him, a chair to go with the fairy mushrooms he's fond of making:-
    rescued oops 01.jpg

I've also got a footstool project on the go - it's not a turned item, but I'll post it on here when it's done.

Nice save on the scoop! The chair seems a bit of a stretch, but it sounds like it's meant to be a bit of fun between mates. Looking forward to seeing the stool.

Great saves. Particularly the scoop. What is the material? What is "faffling"?

Creative eye, nice job.
    Google says 'faffing' is to "play around, waist time"; never heard of it before, is it an English thing ?
    Your opinions and advice are welcome on anything i post - Thanks

Primvs, put a pedestal under that chair and call it a "bar stool" - or "pub stool" for you Brits! Nice saves!

Primvs nice save on those. The scoop looks good.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks guys - the "chair" is about 8 inches diameter... "Faffing" in our houses is messing around / playing at making something / wasting time, and yes I do think it's an English thing!
    The scoop is beech, and the handle is apple I believe. The scoop part was his oops, the handle - tenon'd into the scoop - was a rejected mushroom that the wife didn't like the look of, so I turned it down to fit a 13mm flat bit hole.