Thread: Pittsburgh Symposium Trade Show Exhibitors

Pittsburgh Symposium Trade Show Exhibitors

I plan on visiting every booth at the symposium next week but thought I'd list the Top 3 of interest to me.

1.) Thompson Tools - for a 1/2" V-bowl gouge

2.) Rubber Chucky - never had my hands on any of their products and want to see if their reverse turning stuff might be of any value to me.

Tie for 3.) Lyle Jamison - maybe some of his talent might rub-off on me by osmosis.

Robo - same answer

Woodworker's Emporium - See if they bring any of the old SB tools inventory with them.

What's your top 3 or so?

This will be my first symposium and I already know it will require a great deal of restraint.

Doug Thompson is at the top of my list too, mostly because I would like to meet Doug. I may pick something up too.

Robust if for nothing else than I know I can drool on the lathes and they won't rust.

I would like to say hi to Ruth Niles so I will be sure to stop there.

Doug

I will be right next to Doug....

robo hippy

I look forward to meeting you Reed! Last weekend I tried the one handed bowl cut exercise from one of your videos. It felt a bit like popping a wheelie. :-)

somebody take some pictures of the instant gallery

I will be there as well. Top three vendor displays to visit for me are:

1. Doug Thompson for a 1/2" V bowl gouge

2. Lyle Jamison to see his specialty 5/8" bowl gouge and to try it out if he is ok with that. He did invite us to come and try his stuff!

3. All the other vendors, as time permits. I have selected demo rotations to fill most of my time there.

Friday luck is the WOW Swap so I will be there.

looking forward to meeting as many virtual friends as possible.

Peter F.

I won't be there, but Woodworkers Emporium will be bringing "a large inventory of Stuart Batty tools, handles and platforms". Don't expect him to have any bowl gouges though (you can correct me next week if I'm wrong).

Hi David, Thanks for including me in the top Three. It will be a great show. It will be the biggest AAW has put on. They expect nearly 2000 people registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle jamieson View Post
    Hi David, Thanks for including me in the top Three. It will be a great show. It will be the biggest AAW has put on. They expect nearly 2000 people registered.
    Lyle,

Everyone on our end here in Pittsburgh is hearing the same thing, that they are expecting a record attendance. Move in day started today but my regular J-O-B got in the way today but will get in there tomorrow to lend a hand.

Time to pack up and take off at Dark Thirty in the morning... Jet lag... 3 hours time zone changes...

robo hippy

I'll be there working in the Advanced Lathe Tools booth. Stop by say hi and introduce yourselves as Creekers.

Rubber Chucky is having Rudy Lopez do some demos in Booth 106.